Chapter 33: The Silver-haired Bride

Arc 5 spoilers ahead....

Subaru stares at the white haired figure, struck with confusion.

"I came here to meet my bride, I'm so glad I could catch up with her." Regulus spoke with his smug tone of voice.

Hearing this, Subaru clenches his fists in frustration. "Your bride?! The hell are you talking about?"

"Isn't it a matter of course that I come face to face with a woman who I intend to take as my bride? That's just basic human logic if you ask me." Regulus' gaze was set down on the knocked down girl in front of him while saying this.

Could it be? Subaru's eyes become wide at the realization. Regulus was referring to none other than Emilia. Another question comes to Subaru's head, one that he put at the back of his mind for the time being. How was the Sin Archbishop of Greed standing in front of them, alive? There would have been no way for him to survive being trapped underwater!

"H-how?!" Subaru blurts out at the man. Regulus hears the shout, and looks up to meet Subaru's angry stare. "You didn't think I was really dead, did you?" Saying this, his smug smile crawls across his face, one that Subaru and the others were sure would never be seen on this planet again.

Shaking his head at Subaru, he looks back down at Emilia, who is paralyzed in confusion and fear. "As I promised, I will be taking her as my 79th wife." He spoke, Emilia putting a hand over her mouth. He takes a step forward, however, is stopped quickly by the sound of quick movement in his direction. Reinhard and Juilius stepped in front of the small group, ready to take grip of their sword handles.

Regulus took a small step back, as a look of disgust washes over his face.

"Now listen here! Don't you think it's basic human decency to allow one to get to their destiny? Who do you take me for? I am the Sin Archbishop of Greed, Regulus Corneas. The most satisfied existence in the entire world, do you think you stand a chance against me? If I wanted, I could tear you apart in bits and pieces. But I do need attendants at my wedding so my bride won't be lonely, so I won't kill you."

The Sin Archbishop obviously saw these two, equipped with swords, as a threat. Pushing the bothering situation aside, he continued his path towards Emilia, however, is once again stopped by the sound of a sword being unsheathed. Julius had equipped himself with his sword. Regulus looks at them once again, but with a more irritated expression.

"After all I said! Do you really think it'd be decent to try to interfere with me?! Who do you think I am?!"

Regulus begins to raise his arm, which immediately makes Subaru tense up. He was all too familiar with the tactic Regulus was about to use, his authority. "Wait..." Subaru is once again struck in confusion. Subaru supposedly has the Authority of Greed, granted by his supposed death. "How?!" Subaru could only question himself as the events unfolded.

Suddenly, a thump was heard. Subaru looked down to see Julius grabbing his foot in pain. However, the large puddle of blood that was gathering made it apparent that it was completely amputated. He groaned in pain, as Beatrice quickly jumped ahead in hopes to heal the injured knight, along with Emilia.

Subaru followed suit, also dashing ahead to save Julius.

Kneeling down, he puts his hand over the wound to stop the bleeding. Subaru looked up at Regulus in rage, when suddenly, a feeling breezed over his hand. Looking down, his eyes widened.

"H-huh?!"

To say Subaru was in shock would be an understatement. It would only be natural to be bewildered to see a limb regrow after being amputated nearly moments ago. With that, Subaru's face met with the cold ground.