Chapter 5: Leaping Time and Feelings

With that, the fight begins in between the 3 present people.

"Let me through!" Rem exclaims, as she gains momentum with the chained ball, sprinting toward the two. Beatrice puts up her hand and proclaims, "As long as our contract is in place, I can't allow that to happen I suppose." Rem shoots several more launches with her iron ball, which are easily blocked by Beatrice's quick thinking. Turning her palm upward, a light appears hovering above it while ice shards generate around her. Beatrice sends the shards of crystallized mana flying toward Rem. Making unexpected launches, Rem struggles to keep in balance as Beatrice yells "The perfect opportunity, I suppose!" She sent a shard flying toward Rem's chest

A flash of purple occurred

Subaru and Beatrice stood in silence, seeing Rem standing in the familiar position she was standing in before the assault. "Let me through!" Rem exclaims as she dashes, gaining momentum with her chained ball. Subaru grabbed his head looking at the ground.

"What just happened?"

"Prepare to die, Subaru."
Without a second to process what was happening, Rem was behind Subaru as a chaotic grin fell onto her face. A sharp crystal suddenly stabs through Rem's chest. Beatrice had managed to catch her off guard.

A flash of purple occurred

However, in the blink of an eye, the three were back in their original positions. "Let me through!" Rem exclaims.

"Sh-she has to be doing something!" Subaru turns to Beatrice frantically. "...What could she be doing, I wonder?" Beatrice takes a moment to think, as she shoots spears at Rem to keep her occupied. "I recall hearing about such absurd and bizarre powers, but I passed them off as myths I suppose." Subaru looks at Beatrice with a puzzled face. "What is it?". Beatrice keeps Rem occupied with shards.

A purple flash occurred

"Let me through!"
"For demons like Rem, the horn can contain any power imaginable. However, obtaining any is one task that could take years itself. It seems she is unaware, but it appears that she's controlling time itself I suppose. A leap back 10 seconds." Subaru's eyes widen. "H-how can this be?!"

Beatrice launches crystal shards at her, this time flawlessly hitting her. She looks back to Subaru "However, the more she uses it, the more tired she becomes I suppose!" Subaru looks up at Rem, and notices her eyes squinting, as her breathing gets slower. Subaru stands up straight and points at her. "Let her have it, BEAKO!"

Beatrice flips her hair as she sends a group of shards into her stomach. Rem attempts a dodge, but gets damaged in the process. She holds her damaged rib, trying to stop the bleeding. "The perfect opening, I suppose!" Beatrice launches an orb of mana at the injured maid.

A purple flash occurred

Beatrice flips her hair as she sends a group of shards into her stomach. Rem gets hit and collapses onto the floor. "Goodnight, I suppose" Beatrice scoffs, walking up to the collapsed maid. Subaru follows Beatrice and looks down at Rem. "I'm going to drain her-"

A purple flash occurred

Beatrice was quickly able to block the shards that were hurdled back to her. "Any later and my stomach would have been pierced, I suppose." Subaru looks over at Rem. Trembling, she yells "I am going to kill you!" She hesitates, but quickly launches at the two. "I have no other choice I suppose" Beatrice catches the maid by her horn. Beatrice looks at Rem in the eyes. "Now leave, and don't come back for a long time I suppose!" With that, the ground starts shaking as Beatrice uses magic. Her closed fist became very bright, grabbing the maid's horn. The horn breaks off the maids forehead, falling back and hitting the ground. Subaru is left speechless at the scene.