Chapter 21: Gluttony and Greed

"Who are you?! Explain yourself!" Rem shouts from the circled-up group as Lye spoke. "A Sin Archbishop of the Witch's Cult, representing Gluttony, my name is Lye Batenkaitos!" He slowly spoke, small green pupils looking straight into Subaru's soul although responding to Rem. Slowly pacing, he was walking closer and closer to Subaru. Subaru put his hand up and looked back at everyone. "Attack now!" Everyone split up quickly as multiple spells were casted. Lye quickly dashes toward Ram as she screamed. "Al Fura!"

Lye saw the huge blade of wind dashing toward him, however, he blocked it with force, as he was sent back a little. "H-huh?!" Subaru saw Lye quickly shielding the magic like nothing as he focused his attention on Subaru, licking his lips and dashing toward him. "I will not allow you to do that!" Julius intervened his path and clashed into him. Julius swung his sword as he was blocking it with the blades attached to his wrists.

After a moment of attacks being blocked, Lye jumped from building to building, launching at Julius at random intervals. It was nearly impossible to keep track of the man, yet Julius was able to block attacks he shot at him from random directions. Lye launched at Julius, thinking he got a perfect spot to attack him. However, Julius hit him across the face with his sword, making a small cut on his cheek. "What spirit! I'm certainly going to enjoy this feast!"

Subaru held his palm up as he shouted. "El Minya!" Many shards appeared around him as he tried his hardest to focus on Lye's incredible speed. Finding places to hit him while making his attacks on Julius, Subaru sent a wave of shards at him all-the-while Julius parried one of his attacks.

The shards hit him successfully, however, they seemed to have no effect on him. Subaru was sent in a confused state again, noticing the attack he sent toward Lye only stunned him momentarily. Lye quickly regained his pace as Rem was slowly approaching the fight from a distance. "Al Cranvel!" Suddenly, Julius started to move at the same speed as Lye was. Julius swung his sword while running at him. However, he quickly blocked the attacks with his blades.

Buildings started to collapse around them, as the sword attacks were missing and hitting the structures. Dust and dirt started to cover the air as Lye tried his hardest to make his way through it.

Rem signaled Subaru, Puck, and Beatrice to go over to her while the buildings were collapsing. "Once the cloud of dirt settles and he passes by here, lets attack him!" The group nodded

Julius was able to keep track of him surprisingly easily as the two were dashing through the cloud of thick dirt scattered across the abandoned city. As the sun seeped through the cloud fading away, Lye faced to see a group of four standing before him.

"Ul Huma!"

"El Minya!"

"El Minya, I suppose."

"Say goodnight!"

Rem, Subaru, Beatrice, and Puck all send countless ice crystals to Lye at the same time in hopes of overwhelming him. Lye's eyes widen as he dodged the devastating wave of shards that were hurdling toward him. He was taken aback by a few attacks, as he looked down to see his arm was frozen. "Behold your demise!" As more shards were being sent toward Lye, something started to grow out of Rem's forehead.

A small circle of purple struggled to grow on her forehead, as Rem looked to be in pain. Grabbing the morning star she summoned, she launched the chained ball at Lye midair. Lye notices this as he moved his head back, only grazing the tip of his nose as he smiled manically.

Falling back down, he rushed toward Rem and used one of his knives to slice her arm off. Rem screamed in agony as she fell to the floor. Beatrice and Subaru rush to the fallen maid as they combined their contracted healing magic to cease the bleeding and pain.