Chapter 11: Wilhelm Van Astrea

"Are you the one named Mr. Subaru Natsuki?" Subaru rubs his eyes as he groggily responds. "Yep, who are you?". Noticing the man had a sword on his waist, he gently wraps his hand around the grip of the sword.  "I am Wilhelm Van Astrea, the sword demon. you're the one organizing the White Whale fight, is that correct?" The man said with determination in his voice. Subaru noticed he must have been wanting this for a long time. Subaru nods and responds. "Yes, so you're fighting with us?" Wilhelm looked into Subaru's eyes. "I must thank you. You have my deepest respect equal to which I give my lady Duchess Crusch Karsten." Wilhelm proceeds to bow down at Subaru. Subaru looked down at the man, confused.  "Huh?! I didn't do anything!" Coming back to his feet, Wilhelm smiles. "Thanks to you this old man will have the opportunity to slay the loathsome mabeast that took my wife." Subaru suddenly felt pity for this man. "You are very welcome, I hope we can take vengeance today!" Wilhelm looks down at his pocket watch.  "If what you're saying is correct and it arrives at 15:42-18:42 , then we do not have much time. We have to get going now." Subaru nods. "I will be there!" Subaru looks at the man with a determined face. "Me and Julius will be at the guard station, come meet us there and we shall go to battle." Wilhelm starts walking away as Subaru felt his hand gently being grabbed. Turning around while closing the door, he sees Ram. "Barusu, I heard that the White Whale is a massive mabeast.. massive is an understatement. I think colossal fits more. Why would you put yourself in such danger." Subaru smiles and turns around, holding Ram's hand. "Don't worry, if you're so worried then come with me!" Ram sighs, rolling her eyes. "I guess I have no choice then. Just incase this is your.. I mean our deathbed, can we spend an hour together at the city?" Subaru checks his clock on his phone, away from Ram's view. He looks back at her with a smile. "Sure!"

Heading to the city, not much different happened from the first time they spent the day at the city. Ram bought Subaru the same cloak, and Beatrice appeared. "And why take such a risk, I suppose?" Beatrice asked this after hearing that Subaru was going to battle the legendary mabeast. "I'm not going alone Beako, I have people I'm going with of course. Julius, Ram, Wilhelm, and more people I have not met yet." Beatrice pouts hearing his response. "I have no other choice but to come with you to ensure you are protected, I suppose." Subaru's face washes over with a worried look. "I don't want you to die with-" Beatrice interrupts Subaru. "Our contract says otherwise, I will protect you until my wits end, Hmph I suppose!" Subaru rolls his eyes as Ram laughs. "Fine Beako.. Thank you" Beatrice flips her hair, looking away from him and Ram. "Its our contract to thank, not me I suppose"

Subaru remembers learning magic with Beatrice right around his first loop in the city. He thinks to himself as he remembers sneaking through the forbidden library around the time they got attacked at the mansion in the afternoon. He looks up with a glimmer of hope. "I can learn a new move!" He thinks to himself, trying to remember what was in those books he read about. Subaru turns to Beatrice. "Yo Beako, do you happen to know anything about Murak?" Beatrice looked at Subaru with slight surprise in her face. "And where have you heard of Murak, I suppose?" Subaru responds. "I've heard it being said by someone a while back." Beatrice, although having questions, proceeds to explain to Subaru. "Murak is a spell that reduces gravity, I suppose. The effect can be used on yourself, people or things, or both you and the people. Jumping lightly would end up with you having some decent air time, I suppose." Subaru's eyes widen. "Can you teach this spell to me?" Beatrice scoffs. "It may take you a couple of tries, but I will I suppose. However, if you get blown by any wind, the force of the wind will carry you away." Beatrice teachers Subaru how to apply the spell to himself and to surrounding objects. "I suggest you try this out in a big field, I don't want you landing to your demise or crashing into something I suppose." Subaru rolls his eyes. "Thank you Beako." A carriage pulls up in front of the three. "Mr. Natsuki, I've been looking for you everywhere! Lets go! Its about time for you to go to the guard station!" Subaru gets up, as well as Ram. "Lets go everyone!" They enter the carriage as Otto proceeds toward the guard station.