Chapter 16: The Faithful Reunion

Subaru heard a voice coming from behind him. "Barusu, we need to talk!" She exclaims, looking panicked. Subaru turns around while putting on his shirt. "About Rem?" Ram's eyes widen a little, thinking Subaru read her mind somehow. "Wait Barusu, how did you know?" Subaru shrugs with a sigh, "I was just guessing." Ram looked down, clenching her fists. "It appears that Rem is on her way to us as we speak. I checked with my clairvoyance." Subaru looks down with sorrow, responding. "I don't think we'll be able to take her on..."

Ram looks at him with a worried and confused face. "What makes you say that?" Subaru remembers her ability to make attacks that launch at her disappear somehow. Along with her ability to place bombs on people. "I have a good feeling something happened to her horn causing it to regrow." Ram remembers seeing her horn while using her clairvoyance. "Actually, her horn did appear larger so you could be correct." Subaru then had an idea. Emilia. Considering they got back from the witch cult fight yesterday, she probably made it back by then.

"I need to talk to Mili and Beako for a minute." Subaru says, with a more hopeful tone in his voice. "For what?" Ram asks. "Hopefully if we can get Puck and Beako to help, we will be able to defeat her." Subaru walked out of the room. "Stay here Ram" He makes his way to Emilia's room, which he has been to once before. Preparing his speech on the way, he enters her room. Emilia was at her desk, appearing to be writing something. She looks over to see who entered her room.

"Huh? Subaru?" Emilia said in a questioned tone. "Hey Mili... We need to talk about something. Rem is coming to the mansion, Ram learned of this through her clairvoyance. I need yours and Puck's help." Almost as soon as he finished his sentence, her crystal pendant starting glowing as Puck materializes near her. With the flicking of his ears and a small yawn, he speaks. "Good morning Lia." Emilia smiles. "Good morning Puck! What makes you think that Rem might do something, Subaru?"

"Ram said her horn grew bigger. That could mean a lot of things, but we don't have much time until she arrives." Subaru says with a stern tone in his voice. Emilia nods. "Puck, I'm going to need your help this morning!" She gets up and follows. as Subaru exits the room

Choosing a random door, Subaru walks into the forbidden library. "Wow! How did you know which door Beatrice was behind?" She says while walking through the door with him. "That's what I'm wondering, I suppose!" Beatrice exclaimed while looking up from her book pouting. Subaru scratches his cheek. "Yo, Beako. I need your help. Rem is coming to the mansion and it would appear her horn has grown even larger than before." Beatrice closes her eyes and she crosses her arms. "Fine I suppose, we are contracted after all."

"Hello again Frederica. It's been a while since I last saw you." Frederica has a shocked expression on her face, seeing Rem with her long hair. "H-hello Rem? What are you doing here?" Rem shows an evil smirk. "To finish what I started, of course!" Frederica remembers the situation Subaru and Ram were in not too long ago. She then looks at Rem with a mad look. "I must stop you then." Frederica's tail starts to grow again as another voice rang through the hall. "I am very interested to see what the guts of a demi-human look like indeed." Elsa emerges from the shadows, with her foot on the first step.

Rem looks up at Frederica with a straight face. "Now tell me, where is sister?" Frederica finished her morph as she says in a growl. "I won't tell you where they are!" Rem rolls her eyes. "Then I'll just have to kill you." Her horn starts throbbing as she reaches her hand out. Frederica raises her paw and slams it down to crush Rem, however Rem touched her hand before it crushed her, instantly blowing her to pieces. Her horn stopped throbbing as she looked back at Elsa.

"They're here." Ram says frantically, peeking through the window as she looks back at the group. Subaru, Beatrice, Puck, and Emilia stand in the room as they were discussing what they should do to fend off Rem and Elsa. "This isn't good." Subaru says in a worried tone. Beatrice toys with her hair as she says, "Since the younger maid regrew her horn, she must have gotten stronger I suppose." Ram's eyes widen as she pointed behind Subaru. Turning around, Rem was entering the room slowly.