Chapter 31: Authority of Greed

"H-huh? What did Lust look like?" Subaru questions him with a worried tone. Reinhard had just returned from defeating Sirius, only to prove the presence of another enemy.

"It's hard to explain. At one point she was a girl with an appearance similar to Miss Felt, and another time she was a dragon. She said her name was Capella Emerada Lugnica."

Subaru raises an eyebrow upon hearing the name of Lust. "I-is she a royal family member?!" He became dumbfounded at the mention of her name since Capella Emerada Lugnica would be the name of someone in royal standing.

As for the other Sin Archbishops corresponding with names such as Betelgeuse Romanee-Conti, Sirius Romanee-Conti, Lye Batenkaitos, and Regulus Corneas, the name Capella Emerada Lugnica seems a bit out of place.

Being put up with the amount of Sin Archbishops he has had to go through at once, Subaru gives a frustrated look. "Then what are we waiting for?! Let's get going!"

Suddenly, Subaru felt a small hand tugging his fist. "Betty agrees with Subaru, I suppose." Hearing the familiar child-like voice, Subaru looked down to see Beatrice. "D-did you just say my name, Beako?!" Subaru was dumbfounded since Beatrice had never said his name before until now.

"I did not! S-Subaru..." Beatrice had a light pink blush forming on her completely pale face, breaking eye contact with him. Subaru smiled and picks Beatrice up. She began flailing her arms around, with a frustrated look on her face

"You're so cute Beako!" Subaru exclaims, with a warm smile on his face. Reinhard smiled at the cute scene before him.

Oddly, Beatrice doesn't say a word, however Subaru knew he had to get going so he put the girl down. She pouts at Subaru, as he focuses his attention back to Reinhard.

"Anyways, about this Capella, why didn't you kill her?" Subaru was confused as to why Reinhard did not take care of her upon confronting her. However, Reinhard's next words shocked Subaru.

"She appears to be immortal." Subaru took a moment to process his words. He suddenly stops breathing to think for a moment.

"Damn... This isn't good."

Subaru looks down in frustration with clenched fists after hearing what Reinhard had to say. The fact that this SIn Archbishop is immortal was a huge problem toward Subaru's group.

"May I come too?" Subaru hears a voice behind him. Turning his head, he was met with Emilia, asking for permission to go with them. Subaru gives her a forced smile. "Sure Mili!" Of course, Emilia was eager to join the three after being left behind while Reinhard took care of Sirius.

After a short moment, Reinhard led the three back into the city of Priestella. Beatrice and Emilia observed the city in awe. Subaru, however, was no stranger to this city. He has already been taken inside twice, this being his third. Regardless, Reinhard led them to the shack in which Sirius laid.

The group enters the dusty and old shack, where they find a glowing coffin. Subaru, Emilia, and Beatrice approach the coffin, peering into it. Sirius was seen, with her arms crossed, over her chest "It appears that we have bypassed her ability, the crowd that went to sleep along with Sirius by the gates have long since vanished."

Subaru let out a small and relieved sigh. "That's a relief." Subaru reassures himself that they had an advantage here with Reinhard on their team. They took care of the Sin Archbishop of Wrath after all.

All they have left to defeat was Lust, right? After all, the fact that four of the Sin Archbishops were taken down by Emilia and her campaign, it will give her a major boost in the royal selection.