Chapter 17: Fishing

"Rem..."

Ram's tears wet Subaru's shirt as he looks down from the ceiling. He started speaking, "It was for the better. We would've all died had that not happened." Her sobs echoed through the now empty destroyed library. Reinhard stepped in as Subaru helped Ram down the steps to get to the first floor of the library.

"Is she going to be alright?" Reinhard asked with a worried tone in his voice. Subaru nods, "I think she will." Ram kept clinging to Subaru. Reinhard nods with a determined smile on his face. "I see. If you do not mind, I will be heading back now. Glad we made it out alive!" Subaru and Reinhard do a strong handshake as they both exit the destroyed library

Beatrice was waiting outside of Rem's room with her arms crossed as Subaru and Ram arrived. Ram entered her room as Subaru looked down at Beatrice. Seeing it coming, she asks. "What now, I suppose? Betty's library has been destroyed!" Subaru looked down at her with an evil grin. "Do you- want to sleep with me?" Beatrice stomps on the floor as she yells. "I'd rather sleep on the floor I suppose!" Roswaal then exits a nearby room hearing the commotion.

"I'll give you Rem's roooooom!" He says in his usual tone of voice. Beatrice pouts, "Hmph! Fine, I suppose." Beatrice grabs what she collected from her library as she walks toward the maid's room, sad that her library was torn to shreds. "Don't worry Beako, it will be new in no time!" Subaru yells at her as she gave no response, entering Rem's room.

Subaru then enters Ram's room, hoping that she's calmed down. "B-barusu?" Subaru heard Ram call his name in between sobs. "Ram, are you feeling any better?" he asks in a worried tone. Ram then scoffs, "I don't need you worrying about me Barusu." Subaru walked over to Ram's bed as she sits down and rolls his eyes.

"Jeez, I was just asking you. Anyways Ram... I want to cheer you up after what happened, so how about we do something with Beako to clear your minds?" Ram questions. "Like what?" Subaru thinks as an idea brewed up in his head. "Let's go fishing!" Ram hesitated slightly but quickly agreed. "If you insist that we go, then I have no choice."

Subaru got up, wanting to walk over to the door. He felt his hand get grabbed by Ram as she held it tight. Smiling, he said, "Let me get Beako too!". Subaru let go of her hand after a little and walked out of the room. Going to the neighboring room, he enters to see the drill haired loli sitting on a stool facing away from the door.

"Yo, Beako." Subaru makes his usual entrance as she turns around with her usual pouty face. "What do you want now, I suppose?" Subaru put his hands in his pockets as he shrugs. "I was just wondering; do you want to go fishing with me and Ram? We can use this opportunity to clear our minds!"

Beatrice squints her eyes as she gets up from her stool. "Fine, I suppose." Subaru smiles and nods. "Let's go Beako!" Subaru leads her out of the room as he thought, "I got her to comply pretty quickly! I guess she's warming up to me!"

The two enter Ram's room as she looks up seeing Subaru first. "How did it go Barusu?" Subaru gently smiles. "I got Beako to come along with us!" Beatrice pops in behind Subaru, looking at the pink haired maid. Ram nods and gets up. "Let's go, stupid Barusu" Subaru, Ram, and Beatrice all go to the storage room to try to find fishing rods.

Roswaal had some fishing rods in his possession, surprisingly good quality ones as well. Subaru grabs one that was orange as he passed other ones to Beatrice and Ram. "Hmmmm, does he have any bait?" Subaru thinks to himself. Subaru looks over to Ram. "Do we have any fish in the kitchen?" Ram nods. "Of course, Barusu. What do you ask for?" Subaru nods as he explains. "We need some for bait."