Ram:IF Special Chapter - Starting Life in Another World With You

"Barusu, are you awake?'"

Drowsiness slowly began to leave Subaru, straining him awake. He took a soft but long breath through his nose. With his body gently being shaken, he groaned. "Hmm..."

"Barusu?" She shook his body gently once more. Once his consciousness slowly drifted back to him, he turned his body around to face her. There Ram was, sitting up from the bed they were sharing. He reached his hand out, gently grabbing a hold of hers.

"Ram? Why are you up so late?" He said with a drowsy tone of voice. With her hand lightly squeezing his in return, she takes a moment to respond. "...I seem to be having trouble getting sleep."

"Hm?" Subaru tilted his head up, making eye contact with her. "Well would you look at that?" Subaru said with a tone of surprise. He flipped to his back, eyeing the crystal that was hung up at the corner of the room that signified the time. It glowed a hue of blue, meaning that it must have been around or a little bit past midnight in Subaru's terms.

"I've had days like these, even if it looks like I'm a sleep-in-all-day otaku... Wait, I have an idea!" Subaru said with a hint of excitement. "Yes, what is it?" Ram curiously replied.

Subaru launched up from their bed and tightened the robe he had on. Ram was in shock, to say the least. With him being asleep moments ago to him jumping out of bed almost springing with energy, the change was surprising, especially with it happening so suddenly. However, this wasn't something Ram hadn't seen before in Subaru. He had always been energetic about things.

"How about... We go to Beako!" Subaru pointed upward, then forward as he began to pace in a soldier like manner toward the door of the bedroom.

"Wouldn't Miss Beatrice be annoyed if you visited her that late at night?" Her voice was stern, remembering Subaru's interaction with the spirit the first day he began working at the mansion.

"Not really, I think she's too used to being bothered by me at random times." Subaru scratched his cheek while remembering all the times he had bothered Beako out of boredom. "I can assure you that she won't be physically hostile... anymore."

Ram took a moment to consider what Subaru had said. Choosing to trust him on his word, she nods. "If you say so, Barusu..."

She shifted her position and got up from bed. With her nightgown still on, she made her way to Subaru who was already standing by the door. He swung open the door dramatically, stepping out onto the fine red carpet that extends through the long hallway. Taking a quick glance at the painting by the door they just stepped through, he began to lead Ram down the hallway.

At random times– to Ram, Subaru would stop and open a door he believed led to Beatrice's room. After two failed attempts, he held a hand up to his chin, contemplating which door to choose next while walking. Realizing the amount of time they have been going in one direction down the hall, Subaru stopped and blinked a few times.

"Is something the matter, Barusu?" Ram also stopped behind him.

"This situation seems... familiar!" Quickly looking at the paintings, his eyes caught on one they had just passed; the one Subaru glanced at before beginning the venture.

"Aha! She's been found!" Subaru spun around and grabbed Ram's hand, bringing her along with him. Her eyelids lowered while she rolled her eyes.

He ran up to the door of the room they were in moments ago, and swung it open once more. With the familiar waft of old books, Subaru already knew he was correct even with his eyes closed. "Found you!" He proclaimed victory.

He heard a small sigh and the clap of a shut hard-cover book. "Why would you enter Betty's sleeping chamber at this time of night I wonder?! Hah, it seems that it's not of any use questioning such things... What do you want, I suppose?"