Chapter 10: The White Whale

"Subaru? Subaru!" His vision unblurs as he hears Emilia's voice. "Huh?" Subaru asks. "Is it okay if we stay at motel for the night?" Subaru remembers the events of his previous loop as his stomach turns. "I have to change this outcome!" He thinks to himself. Subaru shakes his head. "No. I have a bad feeling something will happen back at the mansion; we have to get back and evacuate the villagers and Beatrice now." Ram looks at Subaru with concern. "What makes you think that?"

"I have a feeling The Witch Cult will arrive soon, and I want to make sure nobody is harmed."

Ram replies. "I suppose I have no choice then." Subaru thinks to himself. "Wow, she's been complying a lot..."

Subaru runs over to otto, who is sleeping soundly in the carriage. Subaru knocks loudly as Otto jumps up and screams. "O-oh, it's just you Mr. Natsuki" Subaru explains to Otto that they needed to evacuate the villagers and everyone back at the mansion to safety in order to avoid a witch cult attack. "I'll pay you extra!" Subaru smiles. "Ah- alright then Mr. Natsuki!" Rounding up the three, they hop inside the carriage as Otto starts to drive away from the capital. "We should get to the village around the afternoon Mr. Natsuki!" Otto turns to say. "Thanks again Otto!" Subaru smiled and gave a thumbs up. Otto smirks. "As long as I get to sell my oil then I'm fine taking you guys there!". Ram tugs on Subaru's sleeve. "What made you feel like The Witches Cult would attack Lord Roswaal's mansion?"

"Since Emilia was announced as a candidate, I've just had a bad feeling about this."

"I heard The Witch's Cult will go after silver-haired half elves, so I suppose you do have a good point." Ram replies. She yawns and grabs the blanket from Subaru's luggage. She gets close to him, pulling the blanket over the two as Ram leans against Subaru to get some rest. Subaru looks down at her with a worrisome face. He strokes his hair. "I don't want to lose you again!" He thinks to himself. Noticing Emilia made herself comfortable in a resting spot, Subaru makes himself comfortable with the maid as he drifts to sleep as well. Otto looks back at them. "Ugh! Everyone gets sleep but me! Life is so unfair!"

With the sun glazing through the light blue sky, Subaru awakens to Otto shaking him. "We have arrived Mr. Natsuki!" He looks at him and smiles. He gets up and pays Otto the bag of coins he promised. Hopping out of the carriage, the two girls lay asleep still. Subaru asks Otto to help him round up everyone in the village. Soon enough, everyone was around the water fountain where Subaru stood. "Hello everyone! Sorry to get straight to the point but we need to evacuate all of you to somewhere safe. We have a great suspicion that some people calling themselves The Witch's Cult plan to attack here soon and we want to make sure nobody gets hurt." Worrisome voices start arising through the crowd of villagers. "I knew something like this would happen! It's all because of that silver-haired half elf in the mansion!" A voice from the crowd calls. Subaru responds. "I know, but we need to evacuate you all as soon as possible to make sure nobody gets hurt or killed." The villagers all speak among themselves until one speaks up. "Let's hurry then!"

Subaru runs over to Otto. "Otto, we're going to need way more carriages than this, do you have any buddies that could lend transportation along with the villagers' carriages?" Otto shouts back from a distance. "I have some people!" Otto informs the villagers that took care of the carriages to round some up. Grabbing his friends from the village, they prepare the carriages and start lining them up along the pathway, Ottos being the leading carriage.

Subaru stands around, watching them round up the carriages as Ram approaches Subaru from behind. Ram hugs Subaru from behind as his skeleton jumped out of his body. "Jeez, it's just me. Stupid Barusu." Subaru sighs in relief as he says, "Sorry, I'm a little on edge, and good morning Ram" he smiles at her. Ram makes a pouty face ash she grabs his hand and brings him over to the carriage. "What is it?" Subaru asks as Ram goes inside of the carriage and comes out, revealing the cloak. "I bought this for you at the capital while you were making arrangements with Otto.." Subaru looked down at the black and orange coat with a pained expression on his face. He grabs it and clenches it tight to his body. With tears welling up in his eyes, he looks at Ram. "Thank you..." Subaru had flashbacks of Ram happily looking at Subaru wearing the cloak. She must have thought it looked good on him. Ram sees his reaction and asks. "What's wrong Barusu? It's just a stupid cloak." Subaru's tears escape his eyes as he embraces her. Ram being confused, didnt stop Subaru from doing this. Subaru pulls away as he puts on the cloak, pulling the hood above his head. "I have to go get Beako out of the mansion..." Subaru says. Ram nods. "Don't aggravate her this time, Barusu." Subaru runs towards the path to the mansion. Looking at the sky, very dark and stormy clouds linger above the mansion. "Its going to be rainy today huh?"