Chapter 6: The New Maid

"So when will this Frederica person arrive?" Subaru asks, walking down the red carpeted hallway of the mansion. Ram responds, "She should be here soon, or maybe Lord Roswaal will introduce us to them at the conference." Subaru looks up. "Yeah, I really do hope I get along with this maid..."

"Rem, could you come here for a momeeeent?" Roswaal says quietly, trying not to awaken Ram who is in the same room. "Yes, Lord Roswaal." Rem responds, bowing at his presence. Roswaal leads Rem into his office. The office is surprisingly dark, with not too much light in the room. It gives a blue-purple like atmosphere. A bunch of papers stacked on his table, it shows that Roswaal is a hard worker. "I have something quite impoooortant I want to discuss. About that fight back in the foreeeeest, it was not very kind of you to assault our deaaaaar guest like that you know! I have no other choice but to retract your job as a maid." Roswaal says with sternness in his voice. A fearful and very worrisome expression washes over Rem's face. "No! Please Lord Roswaal! You can't do this!" She exclaims frantically, looking up at Roswaal. His eyes squint at the begging maid. "I'm sorry, however I can noooot allow someone deemed a threat to my workers to woooork here." Rem, with tears generating in her eyes. She bows down. "I have no other choice then, thank you for everything Roswaal." She turns around and exits the office. Walking through the big, snow white and gold door. Her eyes, weren't filled with tears of joy, nor sadness however...

Ram and Subaru look up at the big, snow white door of Roswaal's office. "Talk about royal..." Subaru says, feeling the door, having a very nice and smooth gloss across it. "Of course! Roswaal has a very profound taste in royalty!" She gleams while saying this. Subaru rolls his eyes at Ram's word, knocking on the door. "You may cooooome in!" Roswaal responds from the room. They enter the room, and step in. Both bow down to Roswaal upon approaching him. "I see you have grown quiiiiiite close to Ram, Subaru!" Roswaal exclaims with a smile. Subaru looks away from him, embarrassed. "Yeah, yeah. What did you need us for Roswaal?" Roswall gets up from his seat, and puts his white gloved hands down on the table. "I have something important to diiiiiiscuss." Ram, suspecting to know what he needed to tell them, responds. "And that would be?".

"I would like to apologize for whaaaat happened yesterdaaaaay." Roswaal smiles. "I have decided to give you both a raise to compensate." Subaru looks up at him with joy. "Really? Thanks Ros!" "Thank you, Lord Roswaal." Ram bows down her head, as they hear a knock on the door, echoing through the dark room. "That must be Frederica. Barusu, give me a moment." Ram walks toward the door as Roswaal looks up.

A girl in a maid outfit appears behind the door

A girl in a maid outfit appears behind the door. Subaru turned around. With yellow hair, like Beatrice's, and green eyes, she walks through the door and bows down. "Hello again, Lord Roswaal." Subaru's eyes widen, noticing her sharp teeth. "Welcome back Frederica!" Ram exclaims at the maid. She smiles at Ram. "Greetings Ram! I am glad to see you well!" Subaru walks up to the new maid, looking at Ram. "So, is this Frederica I'm guessing?" Ram nods at Subaru. "Indeed. She will be replacing Rem." Subaru looks over at Frederica with a smile! "Hello! I'm Subaru Natsuki! Nice to meet you!" Subaru proclaims, shining with pride. She laughs at Subaru's silliness. "Nice to meet you Subaru!" Subaru thinks to himself a little bit, considering the new circumstances of a new maid. He asks "Also, I'd like to ask, who will be cooking now? I heard Rem was the only good cook in this mansion." Frederica quickly responds "I'll be handling that." Subaru smiles. "Good! I'll be looking forward to your cooking!" Frederica smiles at his response.