Chapter 15: Rem

"Good morning, Barusu"

Subaru slowly opens his eyes and sees Ram's pink-red eyes. He smiles, noticing he is in her embrace. "Good morning, Ram!" Ram pouts and pokes his cheeks. "You have morning breath, go brush your teeth, disgusting Barusu." Subaru 's face turns red as he quickly gets up and opens the bathroom door. "It's not something I can control.." He mutters. He looks up at the mirror and sees his hair is a mess. Grabbing his toothbrush, he starts brushing his teeth as he reconciles the events from last night in his head.

"A lot happened last night.. I guess me and Ram are lovers now." He blushes as he spits into the sink and washes out his mouth. Subaru turns back and sees Ram standing at the entrance of the bathroom. Subaru smiles "All done!" She smirks. "Let me make sure you did." She grabs Subaru's hand and pulls him close to her.

She kisses him and they stayed embraced, lips locked. With blushes written across their face, Subaru pulls back and smiles. "Stupid Barusu" She says, smirking while walking away. "We have some chores today, so hurry up!" She closes the bathroom door as Subaru fixes his hair. "I'm so happy I have her.." He thinks to himself while smiling. After fixing his hairstyle, he exits the bathroom and starts to change into his butler uniform. Suddenly, as he was shirtless, Ram busts in to the room. "Barusu! We need to talk!" Subaru turns around as he puts on a concerned expression. "Huh?!"

Ram seemed to be panicking as she shouts. "Rem's coming!" Subaru's eyes widen. "Wh-what?!" Ram falls onto her knees as she puts her face in her hand. "I felt something through the sense I shared with her. I used my clairvoyance and found out she's coming. Her horn.... It's... grown...." Ram starts crying, thinking about what happened to her sister. Subaru kneels and pulls her into an embrace. "Why-did this have to happen..." Ram said in between sobs. Subaru looks down at her, buried in his chest, with a determined face. "Don't worry Ram, we'll fix this."

She looks up at him with teary eyes. After a small pause, she says "I've put my faith in you Barusu!" After holding her for a bit longer, Subaru gets back up and puts on a shirt quickly. "If Rem is coming to kill us, what do you think we should do?" Ram recovering from her tears, says. "Go talk to Miss Beatrice and see if she can help." Subaru nods and rushes out of the room

Subaru uses his gut feeling and busts into a random room to come across the forbidden library. "Beakooooooo!" With fire in his eyes, Beatrice looks up from her book. "What do you want, I suppose?" Subaru starts. "Rem's coming! Ram said her horn grew, we need your help!" Beatrice's eyes squint. "Fine, I'll help you I suppose. I am contracted to you after all." Subaru smiles. "Thanks Beako!" Beatrice pouts. "Betty doesn't like that name I suppose."

Subaru grabs Beatrice and puts her on his back as he runs through the mansion frantically. He meets back up with Ram in his room. "Ram, Beako agreed to help us." Ram was looking out of the window in the room. "This isn't good..." Ram looks back at Subaru. "I looked at my clairvoyance again and it seems as Rem has two other people with her, both girls. One is a child that has purple hair and appears to be a kid, while the other seems thin and has black hair." Subaru has a flash of the girl that he met back at the beginning. "Oh no- Elsa?!" Ram looks at Subaru with a panicked look. "Wait Barusu, how do you know-" Subaru interrupts.

"I don't like to recall it but I went up against her before I came to this mansion." Ram nods. "I see. Will we be able to defeat her?" Subaru remembers the night at the loot house. Considering she was able to survive a devastating blow from Reinhard that left the building they were in torn to shreds, He most likely wont be able to defeat her himself. "I don't think so.. She survived even Reinhard." Ram's eyes widen hearing the words come out of his mouth. Subaru notices this, and tries to lighten up her mood. "I think we'll defeat her with your and Beako's help though!" He said with a determined tone.