22

Yoongi remembered those days so vaguely in his mind as he looked though the photos in the book.

"I can't believe you're mine." He placed a kiss on her hand looking at the wedding band. His hands found the corset strings of her dress and she grew nervous looking around the room at the people stood around them and he guided her chin to look at him. "Hey... don't look at them. Focus on me okay."

He thought about how crazy it was to make them go through with stupid traditions but the family had insisted. There was speculation that Yoongi wouldn't touch his own bride so to put them to rest he agreed to have the consummation watched by the most important members of the family. He couldn't help but feel the guilt over the whole things. Especially when his father died and his mother began picking holes in their marriage.

"All I'm saying is, it's not unusual for a man of your importance to take other women outside of your marriage, Nari is inexperienced and-"
"Mother..." he almost begged her to stop and she shrugged.
"There's no harm in it. Your father took other women."
"Why do you hate my wife, mother?" She looked over at him as he pulled out a cigarette and she thought for a moment.
"I'm glad you found someone pure enough to wed I am. But son, she is far from being a decent wife."
"Then instead of tearing her down why don't you help her. She is my wife. You need to get used to that."

He flicked the page looking at photos of the two of them that day. He had sworn she was the most beautiful bride. The last 6 years hadn't been easy for either of them. Especially with his family breathing down his neck about every little thing. That was probably why he fired them all and hired his own men in their place. There was a knock at the door and he looked up as it opened.
"What is it?" He looked over at the youngest member and he came to sit down.
"I want to talk to you." Yoongi groaned closing the book sliding it into his draw.
"Talk then."
"I don't want it to be a secret anymore. I'm fed up with hiding it hyung." Jungkook huffed taking out his own cigarette. "You promised if I worked hard you would accept me and tell people."
"Yes and them I got attacked and my wife was kidnapped, so excuse me for not taking care of your childish needs." Yoongi tightened his jaw and jungkook narrowed his eyes at the older man.
"You can't hide me away forever."
"Why not? I've done a good job so far." Jungkook stood up quickly and Yoongi mirrored his actions the two looking at each other with a burning rage.
"Hyung, you need to tell people who I am to you."
"When the time is right." Yoongi warned and jungkook backed up a little.
"When will that be? Hmm? How much longer Yoongi? Being made to act like your errand boy! Driving your wife around and taking her shopping? My place is at your side!"
"Your place is where I tell you it is! Carry on and it will be back on the streets!"
"You're really threatening me?" Yoongi huffed rubbing his face.
"I took you in. I kept the secret of who you are. Gave you food, a place to stay, the clothes on your back, what more do you want?"
"Your name!" Jungkook shouted. "I want to be accepted!"
"You're mother was my fathers whore jungkook! You think my mother would accept you? You think the family would? Remember that you are here by my grace. And you will stay that way until I say so." Jungkook couldn't argue anymore and walked out of the room in a fit of rage. Yoongi huffed sitting back down in his chair rubbing his face.

"Come in." She called putting away some of yoongis clothes astonished that they had gone this long without a blood stain.
"Nari I-"
"Oh jungkook. I found your jacket in the kitchen." She passed it to him and he gave her a smile. "I had it cleaned. You got blood on the collar." She continued and he felt nothing but nerves.
"Can I talk to you about something Nari. I just... I don't really like to talk to the boys about these sorts of things." She gave him a worried look at nodded coming to sit down with him.
"What is it? You seem sad?" She cared for the young boy in all honesty the thought of him leading such a dangerous life when he was so young.
"I'm having some family troubles and... well I'm not sure how to deal with it..." she leant forward listening as he continued. "I erm... I'm illegitimate. My mother... she used to sleep with my father even though he was married... she died giving birth to me..." Nari looked at him in shock feeling nothing but sadness for the boy. "I was raised by my fathers other... mistresses... I was like a secret but well... I have a brother by him and his wife and now my father is dead and my brother won't allow me to tell the people in his life who I really am." Nari placed a hand on his giving him a kind smile.
"Oh jungkook... you poor thing. Your brother is a foolish man if he's taking you for granted this way. He has no idea how good you are and how much you mean to us all here." He closed his eyes taking in her words and in that moment he felt like cracking.
"I'm not even allowed the family name. It feels like I'm still that little boy who can't let anyone know that he's here and fighting for everything. You know?" She took pity on him and thought for a moment.
"Trust me jungkook. Family is a funny thing. The family you get stuck with sometimes aren't the best. But the family you make are always what counts." She rubbed his hand letting go and he gave a hopeful smile. "If you need to speak anymore I'm always her but right now I-"
"It's Yoongi." She looked at him in confusion and he refused to meet her eyes. "Yoongi is my brother."