23

The office door opened again and Yoongi had expected jungkook back for more arguments but was surprised to see his wife stood by the door.
"I'm coming to bed in a moment-"
"When we're you gonna tell me?" She said causing his confusion to run deeper.
"Tell you what?"
"You know what." He huffed putting his pen down leaning on his elbows looking at her.
"I'm not a mind reader princess. Enlighten me on what the fuck you're talking about." She walked over sitting down in front of him. This was unusual for her to take the seat as normally she would be by his side.
"I just spoke to jungkook. He seemed upset so I listened to his problem."
"Oh yeah? And what problem is that?" She scoffed raising an eyebrow at him.
"Dont play dumb Yoongi. Makes you look like an asshole." He pressed his tongue to the inside of his cheek give a small nod.
"So the cats out of the bag..."
"It's true?"
"Yes." She shook her head at him.
"You let him suffer this whole time knowing who he was? You allowed him to starve? To be shut out by everyone?"
"He can take it Nari-"
"He was a child Yoongi!" He was taken back by her defence of the young boy and huffed leaning back in his chair. "He's never been shown the slightest bit of kindness by anyone. You and your damned family talk shit about loving and protecting each other but when someone doesn't line up with your standards you cast them aside." Yoongi tightened his jaw slightly. She was right. He knew it. But he's be damned if he let her know it.
"Why do I get the sense we aren't talking about jungkook anymore?" She fell quite and he stood up, walking around the desk he came to lean in front of her. "You want to save him, Nari? Take him under your wing? Save him from the harsh life you were forced into? That's what this is isn't it? My family fucked you up so much you're dying to save someone else from it." She scoffed getting up when he stood stepping towards her. "Sit down. I'm not finished." She gave him a harsh look doing as she was told and sitting in the seat. "I'm right aren't I? I fucking knew I should've killed the kid the moment I found out who he was."
"All he wants is a family Yoongi. He wants to be accepted."
"And what about you?" He pulled out another cigarette and she frowned.
"This isn't about me. This is about him."
"And he should be thankful I even allow him to breathe."
"And you should be thankful he hasn't snapped." Yoongi let out a chuckle at her remark and lit his cigarette.
"If he snaps, if I don't allow him what he wants. What would happen to you huh? Think he would protect you like I do? Think he would put up with your shit? No... I don't think he would. No one would. Because I'm the only one who gives a single shit about you. Can't you see it Nari? He used you. He sent you in here all guns blazing to make me give in. Because I can't say no to you." She took a heavy breath as he chuckled again tipping his head back to let more smoke out.
"He begged me not to speak to you. He wants your name. He wants this family. I told him he should walk away while he had the chance."
"Why would you do that Nari?"
"Because I wouldn't wish your family upon anyone." She spat as he leant forward trying to work out her mind for just a moment.
"You didn't seem to have a problem when you married me."
"Because I didn't know that marrying you would mean me selling myself to make them happy." She got up and this time he let her. "I'm going to bed. And when your mother calls tomorrow for lunch tell her I said go to hell." She walked to the door and Yoongi tutted standing up.
"Nari." He called making her stop for a moment. Looking over her shoulder. "I'm sorry we caused you to loose yourself." She held the door handle a pained expression on her face.
"Dont let them destroy him too Yoongi. He's a good kid."