↳ CHAPTER EIGHT

-INTERROGATION-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER EIGHTˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act i)

-INTERROGATION-———————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER EIGHTˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act i)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EMILY AWOKE to her head pounding and her hands and feet around metal. She sat up and looked around to see that she was in a large, cold cell. She looked down to see her hands and ankles were cuffed together.

'Great, I am definitely not leaving here for a while.' She heard coughing and then metal clanging against metal. She looked to see Edmund with a tray next to him with a single bite out of the food and a frozen cup of water.

"You know, you're a real bloody idiot. You roped me into this cold cell, just so you could get some sweets. I can't believe you." Emily sneered, making Edmund look up at her. There was a silence. "Why did yo-"

"If neither of you are going to eat that.." they both looked to see a faun just like them leaning against a wall on the other side of the broken down metal wall that was to the right of them.

Edmund reached for the food that he had on the plate and shuffled over to give it to the faun. "Mr. Tumnus?" Mr. Tumnus looked up at him.

"You're Lucy Pevensie's brother, and you must be Emily. Princess Emily, am I correct?" Mr. Tumnus realised who they both were. "I'm Edmund."

Emily just nodded in reply, pulling her knees to her chest and draping her arms over her knees. The faun turned to Edmund.

"Is your sister all right? Is she safe?" Mr. Tumnus asked, concerned. "I don't know.." was all Edmund could say before the gates then rattled and the Witch burst in.

Edmund moved away from Mr. Tumnus. "My police, tore that dam apart. Your little family, are nowhere to be found." She picked him up by the collar. "Where did they go?"

"I don't know!" Emily could sense the panic in his voice. "Then you are no further use to me." she dropped him to the floor and raised her staff to strike him.

"Wait!" Edmund began. 'Oh, god. Here we go again.' Emily rolled her eyes. "The beaver said something about Aslan!" she lowered her staff and her face changed. "Aslan? Where?"

"I.." Edmund struggled to get his words out. "He's a stranger here, Your Majesty. He can't be expected to kno-" Tumnus tried to explain but got cut off by a hit in the head by the dwarf.

"I said... where is Aslan?"

"I... I don't know. I left before they said anything. I wanted to see you!" Edmund defended. Emily raised her eyebrows at him. The witch didn't say anything. "GUARD!" a guard came into the cell.

"Release the faun and the girl." she demanded. The guard freed Emily's hands and ankles from the cuffs and then Mr. Tumnus'.

He dragged them to the witch's side. "Do you know why you're here, faun?" "Because I believe, in a free Narnia." Tumnus said innocently.

"You're here... because he.." she pointed her staff at Edmund. "Turned you in. For sweeties." Mr. Tumnus looked at Edmund with hurt in his eyes. Edmund looked down, ashamed of himself.

"Same, goes for you. Little princess." she turned towards Emily and looked her dead in the eye with her cold, icy orbs.

Emily sarcastically smiled at her, glaring at the witch. "Take them upstairs." Emily looked at Edmund one last time before being dragged out of the cell. The giant dropped her on the icy cold floor, and left without saying anything.

Emily stood up from the cold icy floor, stumbling. She leaned against a stone cold pillar, picking at her nails. A couple minutes later the witch came upstairs. She turned to Mr. Tumnus and froze him. She then turned to Emily. "I know who you really are."

"What, a scrawny, horrible witch like you, knows all about me? I'm flattered that you care so much about my personal life." Emily replied, sarcastically.

The witch ignored her comment and carried on talking. "Well, you see. Many years ago, you were born in this very world. By the great Aslan. Along with your stupid sister Ivy." The witch explained.

"Don't talk about my sister that way!" Emily sneered at the witch. "You see, the two of you are in my way. Once I find your sister, I will kill her. The same goes for you." The witch threatened, stepping closer to Emily.

Emily scoffed, crossing her arms. "You really think killing us will be that easy to get the throne? Your ponytail must be too tight, it's reducing the knowledge to your brain." Emily sarcastically pointed out.

The witch stayed silent, offended. When she was about to speak, Emily cut her off, "And if you do think about killing me, I'll be ready to fight back." Emily whispered.

"Well, I'll be sure to defeat you." The witch sneered. "Try me." Emily replied. The witch glared at Emily, turning on her heel, and motioned for the dwarf to bring Emily over.

She walked over to her sleigh with Emily being pulled along by the dwarf and thrown onto the sleigh. "Bring the boy out." the dwarf came through the doors dragging Edmund. She saw him looking at Tumnus with his eyes wide. "Whenever you're ready, son of Adam."

Edmund was dragged onto the sleigh next to Emily, and the sleigh began moving. The two sat at the bottom of the sleigh, knees tucked to their chests, the witch above them, looking proudly ahead. Emily kept giving Edmund glares out of the corner of her eyes.

Edmund was feeling guilty. "Em, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to get dragged into this. I'm an idiot." Edmund whispered, pleading for her to forgive him.

Emily just ignored him, turning her head away and looking at the scenery next to her, which seemed to become greener.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷