↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

-STARS AND SWORDS-
————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVEˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-STARS AND SWORDS-————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVEˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE DAWN TREADER REACHED Ramandu's island after discovering the blue star was nearby.

Emily hopped out the boat as did the others and they made their way up the island to find Aslan's table. They made their way through and then some pillars started come into sight.

Edmund was at the front, using his torch to guide the way through the island. Emily was further away, but close enough to see him.

Emily soon stopped feeling herself start to cough, she started coughing uncontrollably, leaning down before coughing up what looked like shards of ice.

Once she stopped coughing, she put her hands on her knees to stop herself from falling over. "Are you alright, your majesty?" Oliver asked, concerned.

"Mmhm. Never been better." Emily stood back upright and walked off after the rest of them. Oliver frowned as she walked off, and then at the glass shards which slowly started melting away against the stone.

They all walked down the cobbled path and it broke into a circular room like at Cair Paravel. There was fresh food on the table.

"Mmmm.. food." Tarvos began to reach for the food on the table as Emily picked an apple of the table.

"Wait." Drinian haulted Tarvos.

"Lord Revillian. Lord Mavramorn. Lord Argoz." Caspian pointed out at the lords near the head of the table.

Emily took a bite of her apple and walked up to one of them and looked the lord in the eyes. She jumped back as she saw him breathing, gasping to herself. She thought they were dead. Edmund jumped as well as he had been following closely behind Emily.

"What's wrong?" Edmund asked. "He's breathing." Emily answered.

"So are they." Lucy pointed out, looking at the other lords. "They're under a spell!" Emily took another bite of her apple.

"It's the food!" Emily stopped biting her apple and awkwardly put it on the table.

"It's the stone knife." Edmund pointed his torch towards the knife on the table. "This is Aslan's table."

"Their swords. On the table." Caspian ordered as he grabbed the nearest one and Lucy grabbed the other.

"Hold my sword." She handed her sword to Edmund while she went around past the Lord Revilian and squeezed in between the wall and the seat to reach the sword at the end of the table and placed it with the others. The rest of the swords were laid at the table.

"That's six." Emily sighed. "Still missing one."

"Look!" Lucy pointed up at the blue star that flashed like a beacon and it formed into a shape of a woman.

"Travellers of Narnia.. welcome!" Everyone bowed down. Apart from the kings and queens. "Arise. Are you not hungry?"

"Who- who are you?" Emily asked."I'm Liliandil, Daughter of Ramandu. I am your guide." Liliandil replied.

"You're a star." Caspian gaped at the woman. Liliandil turned towards him and nodded. "You are most beautiful." Emily rolled her eyes at this.

"If it is a distraction for you, I can change form."

"No!" Edmund and Caspian protested making Emily and Lucy roll their eyes.

"Honestly, she's not even that beautiful." Emily whispered to Lucy. "You're only saying that because you're jealous, Em." Lucy whispered back.

"Am not." Emily denied lightly slapping Lucy's arm. Lucy smirked before turning her attention back to the star.

"Please. The food is for you. There is enough for all who are welcome at Aslan's table. Always. Help yourselves." Liliandil gestured to the food at the table.

Some crew members began to take the food off the table given they hadn't had proper food in weeks.

"Wait!" Edmund stopped them. "What happened to them?" he asked, gesturing towards the lords.

"These poor men were half-mad by the time they reached our shores. They were threatening violence upon each other. Violence is forbidden at the table of Aslan. So they were sent to sleep." Liliandil explained.

"Will they ever wake?" Emily asked. Liliandil turned to look at the brunette.

"When all is put right. Come. There is little time. The magician, Coriakin, told you of dark island?" The star asked as Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Emily and Drinian were lead onto a balcony that looked over at dark island.

"Yes."

"Before long, the evil will be unstoppable." Liliandil explained as they all looked out at the sunrise by the dark island.

"Coriakin said to break its spell, we lay the seven swords at Aslan's table." Emily started. "He speaks the truth." The star interrupted.

"Yet, we only found six.." Emily finished. "Do you know where the seventh is?" Lucy asked.

"In there." She pointed at the dark island. "You will need great courage. Now, waste no time."

"I hope we meet again." Caspian said, before the star left.

Liliandil gave him a small smile before bidding him goodbye. "Goodbye." Liliandil turned back into a star and she flew back up into the sky.

The five of them made their way back down towards the ship to sail to the dark island with the rest of the crew members following behind. This is where they were in real danger.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷