↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

-UNEXPECTED-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-THREEˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-UNEXPECTED-———————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-THREEˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE NEXT MORNING, Emily woke up, frowning as she wasn't in her own bed. She opened her eyes wider, the sun creeping in from the see-through curtains.

She frowned, wondering where she was when she noticed. Him, lying front first, and head facing towards her. He was still shirtless, and she remembered the marks that she had left over his body.

She slightly smiled at the thought, leaning towards Edmund's sleeping body and brushing a few hairs from his eyes. She stroked his hair before placing a small kiss on his temple, turning the opposite way and draping her legs over the side of Edmund's bed.

She noticed how her clothes lay all across the floor, including Edmund's. She picked up her bra, strapping it on and placing the shirt on, not bothering to do up the buttons.

She creeped across the floorboards hoping not to wake him as she tiptoed to her room and got ready.

Did last night really happen? Or was it just a dream? Emily thought as she looked in the mirror, noticing the marks Edmund had left on her lower neck.

She stood looking at herself in the mirror, bringing her hand up to stroke where he had previously been.

She shook off her flashbacks as Lucy knocked on her door, before opening it and walking in. Emily quickly buttoned up her shirt, covering her neck up.

"Em, were you looking at your wounded neck again?" Lucy asked, raising her eyebrows. "It's a habit I know. But it's almost healed now." Emily played along.

She couldn't tell Lucy. First of all, she was still young and second of all, it was her brother. Emily walked out the room and onto the deck, leaving Lucy confused.

She climbed up to the front of the boat, sitting on the ledge and looking out onto the sea surrounding the boat.

Meanwhile, about half an hour later, Edmund awoke to him laying front faced on his pillow. He could feel the gentle breeze of the sea air tickle his body. He barely opened his eyes, moving his arm to pat where Emily had fallen asleep, but the space was empty.