↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

-GOODBYES AND BROKEN HEARTS-
———————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-NINEˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-GOODBYES AND BROKEN HEARTS-———————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-NINEˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

CASPIAN, Reepicheep, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace, Oliver and Adelaine took one long boat to Aslan's country.

"So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked trying to lighten the mood.

"No, matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon that I was a boy, really. I'm sorry for being such a sop." Eustace apologised.

"It's okay, Eustace." Edmund paused glancing at Caspian and then back at his cousin.

"You were a pretty good dragon." Eustace smiled, looking down. "My friends, we have arrived." Reepicheep announced making the other four turn to look at the big wave ahead of them.

They all got out of the boat stepping onto the sand. A new shadow appeared. "Aslan?" this made the others turn to their right where aslan stood, grandly.

"Welcome, children. You have done well. Very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end." Aslan spoke.

"Is this your country?" Lucy asked. "No, my country lies beyond." Aslan replied, looking beyond the wave.

"Is my father in your country?" Caspian asked. "You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue.. there is no return." Caspian hesitated before walking towards the wave running a hand through it feeling the cold water against his fingertips.

He turned around and walked back towards the children, the wind blowing slightly. "You're not going?" Edmund asked.

"I can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for, I spent too long wanting what was taken from me.. and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. people. I promise to be a better king." Caspian replied.

"You already are." Aslan spoke before turning towards Oliver.

"Do you wish to ask me something, dear one?" "Umm.. I was wondering if.. maybe you could let Adelaine stay here." Oliver stuttered out, nervously.