↳ CHAPTER ELEVEN

-DEAL-
————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER ELEVENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act i)

-DEAL-————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER ELEVENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act i)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"JADIS, Queen of Narnia! Empress of the Lone Island!" Ginnerbrick announced as the narnians created a path for part of the witch's army to walk.

Lucy looked towards her brother and Emily with her eyes wide. The witch got off her throne and walked towards Aslan while looking at Emily and Edmund.

"You have traitors in your midst, Aslan." the witch began. Lucy, Susan and Peter turned towards Edmund and Emily, who in return, just lowered their heads.

"Their offence was not against you." Aslan replied. "Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" The Witch asked. "Do not cite the deep magic to me, witch. I was there when it was written." Aslan growled.

"Then you will remember well that every traitor belongs to me. Their blood is my property." Emily heard someone unsheathe their sword. "Try take them then." Peter confidently pointed his sword towards the Witch.

"Do you really think that mere force will deny me my right? Little king." The Witch mocked. Peter lowered his sword, frowning. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." Many gasps erupted from the Narnians.

"That boy, and that girl. Will die. On the stone table." The Witch pointed towards Emily and Edmund. "As is tradition. You dare not refuse me."

"Enough, I shall talk with you alone. With Emily." Emily sceptically looked at the siblings, before walking after the Witch, whose dress was trailing behind her like she was going to a wedding.

She felt a hand grab her arm. She turned to see Edmund. "I'll be fine." she reassured him taking his hand off her arm and walking into the tent.

"I demand that they should be killed. You should know Aslan that every traitor should be killed as it is a wise choice." The Witch demanded.

"If I am correct? You were the one that tricked Edmund into betraying his family in the first place, witch. If we can not agree on their deaths maybe we can agree that I can take the place for both of them." Emily lifted her head up, looking at Aslan, hurt.

"I'm sure we can agree on that." The Witch crossed her arms. "Then it's settled. I will take the place on the stone table from Princess Emily and the son of Adam." Emily felt her eyes prick with tears.

"But on one condition, Aslan." The Witch butted in. The Witch stepped over and whispered something into his ear. Emily was intrigued to know what she whispered.

The Witch said nothing more, giving Emily one last death glare, before walking out of the tent. Once she left Emily stood up. "Aslan, why are you risking your life to save mine and Edmund's? And what did she whisper to you?"

"It's what's best, dear one." was all Aslan replied with before following the Witch out of the tent. Emily wiped her tears and followed after him. She watched as everyone stood up and waited for the news about her and Edmund.

"She has renounced her claim on the son of Adam and Princess Emily's blood." Aslan announced. Cheers erupted from the crowd.

Emily watched as Lucy went to hug Edmund, slightly smiling at the two. "How do I know your promise will be kept?" She was still trying to encourage the deaths of the two children.

Aslan roared which made the Witch sit back on her throne. Emily watched as everyone congratulated Edmund. She turned to Aslan to see him bow his head and walk back into his tent and motioning for her to follow him.

"Emily!" She turned to see Edmund running towards her to hug her. She just turned around and walked in after Aslan. Edmund's face dropped as he watched her walk away from him, frowning.

Everyone started crowding around him and congratulating him and blocking the view of Aslan's tent. He wanted to know what was wrong. He had a feeling something was wrong. And he wanted to know why.

"I want you to meet me here at 11PM. Tonight." "Aslan, will you please tell me what's going on?" she asked him.

"Dear one, it's what has to be done. She wouldn't stop. Get some sleep. You'll need it" Aslan faintly sighed. Emily frowned, but nevertheless made her way back to her own tent without making eye contact with anyone.

She did as Aslan told her to, yet she couldn't fall asleep. Her thoughts crowded her brain making it harder to relax. The other thing making it harder to relax was the Narnians dancing and playing loud music.

The group of Narnians including Lucy and Susan danced in one big group, occasionally adding one person in.

Emily rolled her eyes, turning on her other side, trying to fall asleep. Yet she still couldn't fall asleep. So she lay awake, staring up at the ceiling of her tent.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷