↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

-ARMOUR AND PROMISES-
—————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-SIXˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-ARMOUR AND PROMISES-—————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-SIXˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

CLOSER AND CLOSER they were to possible death. To the dark island. And Emily couldn't lie, she was scared.

She was scared anyone one of them could die. She remembered what Aslan told her once. 'Just be careful'.

"So, what do you think is in there?" Emily asked.

"Our worst nightmares." Edmund answered.

"Our darkest wishes." Caspian added.

"Pure evil." Drinian added.

A few minutes later, Emily sat in Caspian's study on the sofa as Edmund struggled to get his armour on.

"What do you think happens if one of us dies here?" Edmund asked as he put the armour over his head and trying to fasten it around his waist.

"Well," Emily began, standing up from the sofa and making her way over towards him. "May I?" Edmund nodded. "Just tell me if it's too tight."

"If one of us dies, we'll just have to.." she moved to the other side. "Carry on with our lives. Just like you told me when Ivy died." she finished fastening the armour. Edmund turned around once Emily had finished and looked at her.

Emily noticed he was staring and looked up at him. The two stood in a trance before slowly leaning in. The door opened and the two moved away. Pretending nothing happened.

"I couldn't find any armour for your, Em. I'm sorry." Caspian apologised. "It's fine. I can manage." Emily assured. "I've risen from the dead multiple times. I don't think whatever is in that island is able to finish me off."

Caspian chuckled. "I want you both to know. I think of you both as family." Caspian told them.

"Me too." the two teenagers replied.

As Caspian and Edmund talked about swords, Emily looked through the cabinets stopping at the one which held Peter's sword.

She opened up the cabinet and took out the sword. "Ed?"

Edmund turned to look at her. "No, Em. I'm no-" Edmund began but Emily cut him off.

"Peter would want you to have it." she held out the sword to him.

Edmund hesitantly took it and hugged her. "I know you'll tell me to shut up and assure me that you'll be fine. But be careful out there, okay?" Emily cut his sentence short.

"I promise. I'll be fine. You cant kill me." She smiled at him.

Edmund nodded his head and pulled away from her. Emily turned to Caspian and wrapped her arms around him.

"I'll see you both out there. I just need to get something from my room." Emily picked up her bow and arrows and walked out of Caspian's study and towards her room.

"She is stubborn, isn't she?" Caspian noted. "I don't know how this is going to work out." Edmund said.

"You'll figure it out, Ed. You always do." Caspian said, slapping him on the back and walking out.

Once she stepped into her room she saw Lucy comforting Gale. She smiled to herself as she placed down the bow and arrows.

"They're for when you need them." She told Lucy. "Thanks, Em. I'll see you out there, okay?" Lucy thanked her.

"Yeah, I just need to do something quickly." Emily said. Lucy nodded and walked out of the room.

Gale watched Emily as she took something off her neck and held it in her hand and also taking something from off her bedside table, sighing before walking out of the room, leaving Gale alone in the room.

Emily sat down waiting for Caspian to start his speech when Oliver came and sat down beside her.

"Where's Adelaine?" Emily asked, noticing that Adelaine wasn't clinging onto or at least near him.

"I asked her to go to your room because I don't want her to get hurt." Oliver answered.

"You love her a lot, don't you?" Emily asked, turning her head towards him.

"Yeah, I do. She wants to stay here but I don't know what to do with her parents and all that." Oliver sighed.

"You should go talk to Edmund, if you seriously love her a lot." Emily told him, looking over at him. "You're right. I'll go now." Oliver stood up and went over to Edmund.

Oliver came back over after a minute with a smile on his face. "That was quick." Emily frowned, noticing how quickly he returned.

"He's surprisingly okay with it. He said he loves someone else, anyway." Oliver smiled.

She frowned before looking over at Edmund who blushed since he was already looking at her and he looked away.

Emily felt herself blush as well as she looked down at the thing in her hand, clutching it tightly in her hand.

"No matter what happens here.. every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the dawn treader. Together, we have traveled far. Together, we have faced adversity. Together, we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall to fear's temptations. Be strong. Never give in. Our world.. our Narnian lives, depend on it. Think of the lost souls we are here to save. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia." Caspian looked down and made his way down the steps.

Many of the crew members began shouting "FOR NARNIA!" making Caspian look up and smile.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷