↳ CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-WARS AND HUGS-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act i)

-WARS AND HUGS-———————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act i)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EMILY SUCCESSFULLY reached her tent without any Narnians noticing her. It was the early morning and the sun creeped over the cliffs. She took off her old dress that she had on and found something to clean her wounds on her arms, torso and legs.

She winced everytime the cool mixture grazed her skin. She wouldn't bother with the ones on her face but she cleaned up the left over blood on her face a bit. She grabbed another dress and some armour and put them on.

She picked up her bow and arrows along with the other daggers she was given. She walked around to see that not many people were around. Knowing it was battle day, she walked through the woods, noticing the last few soldiers. She kept a distance from them, following them to the field of battle.

She noticed as the army split into two directions, one going up the rocks and the others on the path towards and open battle field. Emily followed what she presumed were the archers and climbed up the rocks, her body still aching from last nights events.

Emily pushed her way to the front to see birds flying over everyone's heads and towards the Witch. Once she got to the front, she saw the familiar mop of raven hair.

"Peter put you up here I'm guessing?So you don't get killed by the Witch?" She spoke up making Edmund turn around at the voice. His eyes widened.

"Em?" He ran up to her and engulfed her in a hug, to which she winced from her wounds. "Thank god you're okay! We were told the witch had taken you." Edmund spoke, pulling away from the hug. "I think she did enough damage."

"Your head's bleeding. Are you sure you're alright?" Edmund asked, reaching up and wiping the blood off her head. "Yeah, I'm fine." she reassured him.

She noticed the witch's army heading towards them. In numbers far larger than their own. She saw Peter turn around, lifting his sword and starting to head to the rocks hopefully to draw them away. "That's the signal. Let's go!" Mr Beaver nudged Emily and Edmund to follow him. And that's where the battle began.

Emily starting throwing and aiming arrows at anyone who came her way. She stopped to catch her breath turning around to see she was right in the middle of the battle. Emily searched around to look for Peter or Edmund but they were no where to be found.

"Can't find your little boyfriend?" Emily turned around to be met with the witch. "Fun fact: I don't have a boyfriend." Emily replied, sarcastically.

"I'm ready to fight now. Clearly you try hard enough to kill me last night since I'm still here." Emily grabbed a couple daggers, struggling since they were stuck. Someone called her name, making her look around trying to locate where the voice came from.

She saw Peter rapidly pointing behind her. "Look out!" Emily frowned and turned around to feel a sword stabbing through near her heart.

Emily gasped, the witch pulled out her staff, staring at Emily coldly. All the sounds around her began to ring, she clutched her ribs and fell to the floor, loosing consciousness and hearing her name being shouted.

Edmund watched as Emily turned around and the Witch's sword went through her and she fell onto the floor. Edmund screamed her name. He watched as Peter shielded himself from the incoming rocks coming his way.

"Edmund! There's too many! Get the girls and get them home!" Peter stabbed another one of the witch's creatures.

"You heard him! Let's go!" Mr. Beaver began dragging Edmund's arm up the rocks. There was no way he was letting the Witch get away with killing Emily as well as possibly killing his brother as well.

Edmund watched as the Witch drew closer to Peter. He looked down at her ice staff that she was carrying. He unsheathed his sword ready to break the staff.

"Peter said get out of here!" Mr Beaver shouted. "Peter's not king yet!" Edmund said before charging towards the witch.

The Witch raised her staff ready to strike when Edmund jumped in front of her attempting to stop her. The Witch moved her staff to hit Edmund but he dodged out of the way and hit his sword against the Witch's staff, breaking it.

Edmund struggled against the Witch's attempts to knock his sword out of his hand when she moved her staff through his abdomen, just like she had done with Emily.

He dropped his sword and held his abdomen and fell onto the floor. Peter watched the whole thing and finished stabbing the minotaur and ran towards the witch. They both fought until they heard a roar echo throughout the land.

They both looked up to see Aslan on top of the rocks with Lucy, Susan, Tumnus and more soldiers. "Impossible!" The Witch gasped.

Peter was too distracted when the Witch took this as an opportunity to try and hit him. But he blocked and they carried on clashing swords when Peter fell to the ground and the Witch stabbed one of her swords in his arm making him struggle against it. The Witch was about to finish him off when she was pushed off of him.

Peter took the sword out from his arm and he stood up to see many Narnians whooshed by. Aslan had killed the witch.

"Peter!" he was caught in a hug between the two girls. "Where's Edmund and Emily?" Susan asked.

They ran over to Edmund who was spluttering and struggling to breathe. Lucy knelt down and took out her cordial and put one drop of the liquid into his mouth.

He stopped spluttering which made the other siblings begin to cry, thinking he was gone. Edmund started faintly coughing. The three other siblings sighed of relief. Peter quickly pulled Edmund in for a hug, Lucy and Susan joining them eventually.

"When are you going to learn to do as you're told?" Peter asked, as Edmund smiled. His face changed, realising what happened to Emily.

"Where's Emily?" he looked around to see her being pulled away by Ginnerbrick. Susan notched an arrow and shot Ginnerbrick making Emily fall to the soft grass. Edmund, Lucy and Susan quickly ran over to her making sure she was okay.

"Is she breathing?" Susan asked. Edmund turned his and leaned his ear towards her mouth, listening to hear her breathing. He sighed in relief when he heard her faint breaths. "She's breathing." Edmund replied making Susan sigh in relief.

Lucy took out her cordial again and placed a droplet into her mouth. After a few seconds, there was coughing and Emily's eyes slowly opened. "What happened?" she asked, seeing them all crowded around her.

They all laughed, wiping their eyes. Edmund helped her sit up and immediately wrapped his arms around her body hugging her as tight as possible. He was relieved that she was okay. Emily smiled slightly, wrapping her arms around the boy.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷