↳ CHAPTER TWENTY

-PLANS AND ARGUMENTS-——————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

——————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-PLANS AND ARGUMENTS-——————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back into your pocket. "

-Will Rogers

AFTER WALKING THROUGH the woods for what seemed like ages, their army reached a large field with a large cliff entrance

AFTER WALKING THROUGH the woods for what seemed like ages, their army reached a large field with a large cliff entrance. They all walked towards the entrance as many centaurs gathered round holding their swords up.

The Pevensie's and Emily all walked forward, excluding Ivy and Caspian who had respect for them since they were royalty and all. When they were inside, Emily heard the sound of weapons being carved and everyone was doing their own part to prepare for some kind of war. "It may not be what you are used to, but it's defensible."

"Peter. You may want to see this." Susan called. There were many paintings from their last adventure. One including their thrones but Emily's looked like it was attempted to be scraped off. "It's us.."

"What is this place?" Lucy asked, looking over at Caspian. "You don't know?" When none of them replied. He took one of the torches off from the wall and lead the five royals through the dark passage way.

The passage soon began to stretch out into a large room. Caspian took his torch and the fire glided itself through the little dent to show the stone table and that Aslan was looking over at them.

"You know, Aslan. I'm a little disappointed in you. Did you honestly think by all this that you could save the human traitors? You are giving me your life, and saving no one. Ha! So much for love." the witch stood back up. As the chanting continued.

"Tonight...the deep magic will be appeased! But tomorrow, we will take Narnia, forever!" the witch shouted making the crowd go crazy. "In that knowledge, despair..." she raised her knife in the air. "...and die!" the witch shouted bending down and stabbing the knife into Aslan. Emily gasped, tears streaming down her face. Aslan jumped and as if in slow motion. Died. In front of her.

"The great cat... is dead!" the witch announced. The crowd erupted into cheers. The witch turned to Emily. "Now it's your turn. Little princess."

"Wha-" Emily croaked before she felt the witch's knife drag across her torso. She screamed out in pain. Calling out for someone to help her.

Maybe Susan, Lucy. Maybe even Edmund. The knife was dragged along her arms and legs. Her vision started fading in and out. The witch hit Emily round the read with her knife and Emily was knocked out cold.

By now, Emily had soft tears rolling down her face. She still had the many cuts on her arms and it all felt real once again. Lucy walked up to the table laying a hand on it before looking back at the others.

"He must know what he's doing." Nobody answered. "I think it's up to us now." Peter spoke up, before turning away and storming off.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter began.

"What do you propose we do, your majesty?" Reepicheep asked. "We need to get ready for it." "To start planning for.." Peter and Caspian both spoke up.

They looked at each other, silence entering the whole room. "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter carried on. "That's crazy. Nobody has ever taken that castle." Caspian spoke up, disagreeing.

"There's always a first time." Peter shrugged his shoulders. "We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin added.

"But we have the advantage here." Caspian persuaded. "If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan added.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter spoke up. "Look, I appreciate what you've done here, But this is not a fortress. It's a tomb." Peter looked towards Caspian. "Yes. and if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund agreed.

"We could collect nuts?" A squirrel suggested. "Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines! Shut up! I think you know where I stand, sire." Reepicheep said, sarcastically.

"If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter asked the centaur. "Or die trying, my liege." Glenstorm looked skeptical before agreeing.

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy spoke up. "Sorry?" Peter turned towards her, frowning. "Well, you're all acting like there's two options. Dying here, or dying there." she finished. "I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu." Peter said.

"I agree with Lucy, Peter." Emily piped up. "I'm sorry?" Peter asked turning towards her. "I said I agree with Lucy."

"Why should we believe you, your majesty? You spent 8 years killing innocent men." A minotaur spoke up. "What so defending myself is wrong is it? Didn't you work for a witch?" Emily asked, raising her eyebrows at the minotaur.

He stayed quiet. "That's what I thought." She turned back to Peter. Edmund snickered, lowering his head, quickly composing himself and looking back up.

"Peter, if you lead these people into that castle with those soldiers that are preparing for war and half of the army gets killed from this stupid mission, it's all going to be your fault. Nobody else's. If that happens no one is to blame but you. You can't blame it on me, you can't blame it over pretty Prince Caspian over there or Lucy. It'll be your fault." Emily got up and stormed out, going outside to get some fresh air and most likely to cool off.

Peter stood with no expression on his face. Lucy looked shocked as did Susan. The rest of the Narnians silent.

"That's my girl." Edmund whispered to himself looking down to hide his smile.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷