↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

-NEGOTIATIONS-
——————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-NEGOTIATIONS-——————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE BARS OF THE CAGE RATTLED she awoke, confused. "Beauty sleep is over, princess." Miraz spoke, as General Glozelle fiddled with the keys, finding the right one to unlock her cage door.

"We have work to do." Miraz said before motioning for the guards the pick her up. "Where are we going?" Emily asked, her body feeling the weakest it had ever been. The guards or Miraz didn't answer her, they just dragged her out onto the courtyard where many horses stood.

"What? Where are you taking me?" Emily asked once they got to the courtyard. "That is none of your concern." Miraz turned towards her, nodding his head towards the guard behind her.

Before she knew it, a sack was placed over her head and all she could see was darkness. She felt herself being lead to somewhere in the woods because she heard the sound of sticks and leaves on the ground.

Emily felt someone push her down hardly against a chair and the bag was lifted from her head, her hair all messed up as she tried to push it all from her face so she could see.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

She noticed she was in a tent. Miraz and the others were still arriving, the soldiers left the tent, leaving her all alone with handcuffs attached to her wrists.

Meanwhile, Miraz looked through his telescope noticing a giant, centaur and someone else approaching. "Perhaps they intend to surrender." Glozelle suggested. "No. They are much too noble for that. And we have something they want." Miraz answered, referring to Emily. He shut down the telescope before walking back into the woods.

The lords all followed their new king into the tent. Miraz took his seat which was in the middle and to the left of Emily. Miraz and the others started discussing about war plans. Emily slumped against her chair that was planted next to Miraz and ignored him everytime he tried to get information about the others plans.

"Are you sure that there is nothing you can tell us? About their plans?" Miraz asked, turning towards the girl.

"I told you before. I know nothing and if I did, I would not tell you." Emily answered. "Are you sure?" Miraz asked, placing his hand on top of Emily's thigh. She immediately slapped his hand away, making him retreat his hand.