↳ CHAPTER FORTY

-LETTERS AND TEARS-
—————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FORTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-LETTERS AND TEARS-—————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER FORTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EDMUND SAT ALONE in his shared room with Eustace trying not to think about Emily's death. But he couldn't get her out of his mind.

He sighed laying back on his bed staring up at the ceiling remembering how the two of them looked up at the stars.

Edmund didn't have to worry about Adelaine's parents or Adelaine herself. But he wanted what he couldn't have.

He sat up feeling something in his pocket, frowning he reached into his pocket, taking out a tube.

Frowning, he opened up the small glass tube and pouring out its contents. There was a crumpled piece of paper, rolled up. Confused, he opened the crumpled piece of paper and a necklace fell out. It was the crystal Emily explained before she died.

He moved the necklace and set it down on the bed beside him. He picked up the piece of paper until he paused for a moment.

Should I really be reading this? This is going to hurt me even more.. He debated for a minute before giving up and unrolling it and unfolding it revealing his name in her handwriting at the top of the page.

He looked away from the paper putting it on his bedside table sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He sniffled before picking the letter back up and reading what she had written.

Dear Edmund,

I am so sorry that it had to come to this. I know you may be confused but that is why I had to write to explain this.

Do you remember when I got stabbed by the white witch? Yeah, she froze my heart with her stupid ice staff and it's been slowly affecting my lungs. That's why I kept coughing so much, and I was always cold.

I know you may be mad at me but I only found out too late and I also couldn't bring myself to talk to you because I was afraid.

I was afraid I would add on to the many problems we were dealing with and most of all I didn't think you would care. But now, I'm regretting that decision and I'm writing this now because, you do care.