↳ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

-CLUMSINESS-
—————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-ONEˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-CLUMSINESS-—————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER TWENTY-ONEˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EMILY RAN UP the steps of the large tower hiding into the shadows whenever a guard came past. This is a terrible idea.

Why did she agree to this? She heard a guard's footsteps coming down the stairs, there was nowhere to hide. She slightly panicked as he came round the corner, pulling out his sword.

She immediately whipped out her dagger and stabbed him in chest, pulling out the dagger from his body. "I'm sorry." She lightly apologised as she ran up the stairs.

She made her way to the top where Edmund was shining his torch giving the signal for Caspian, Susan and Peter.

"Well it looks like you're not doing anything stupid at the moment." Emily smirked leaning against the wall. He jumped slightly before turning around. "Bloody hell. Don't scare me like that. What are you doing up here? I thought you were helping keep watch?" Edmund asked.

"Well, technically that Ivy's job and I'm here to make sure that none of you boys do anything stupid. Which is likely because this was not a good idea.." Emily closed the door and leant against the door, propping one leg against it.

Everything was quiet. None of them had been given the signal to signal the rest of the troops so they were just there. Bored out of their minds. In awkward silence. Emily swung one of her daggers around her fingers attempting to entertain herself.

"Hey Em, look. I can do that too!" Edmund whispered flinging his torch around but dropping it and it fell down to the next floor underneath them. "Well done, Ed. See, I told you that you would do something stupid and you did. I could be a fortune teller." she smiled, whacking his shoulder.

"That's a brand new torch and I've probably just broken it. I'm such an idiot." he mumbled to himself as they both creeped down the steps towards the next level.

"Yes, you are an idiot. I've known it since we first met." Emily sarcastically smiled. "Shut up, you're not helping." Edmund rolled his eyes at her and watched as a guard picked up the torch, completely clueless as to what it was.

Emily could see Edmund's panic. She rolled her eyes at him mumbling to himself about the torch. Honestly he treats it like a child. The guard turned on the torch, startling himself with the brightness. The Narnians were probably confused, making Emily chuckle to herself. Edmund then jumped from a ledge in the wall and they started to duel.