↳ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-SAVING A LIFE-
———————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER SEVENTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-SAVING A LIFE-———————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER SEVENTEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

TWO TELMARINES SAT on a rowing boat, rowing across a river. One rowing and the other holding a crossbow. The one rowing glanced down at the bottom of the boat every now and again. "He won't stop staring." The soldier complained.

His accomplice gave him a look. He shrugged his shoulder. "So don't look." The rower still glanced down at the boat. The dwarf was staring back at him. Which terrified him. The two glanced around at the surroundings while calming rowing across the large river.

The rower glanced back down at the dwarf to see he was still staring. The rower immediately looked away looking to his right before turning back to his companion. "Here's far enough."

Both men moved to grab the dwarf by its arms and legs, standing up in the boat, getting ready to throw the dwarf into the river when an arrow stuck itself on the rim of the boat.

The two soldiers looked over to see a girl drawing another arrow from her bow and 4 other people following behind.

"Drop him!" Susan shouted, notching another arrow. "Drop him?" The dwarf muffled through his bindings.

The two soldiers dropped the dwarf into the water and Peter dove into the water to retrieve the dwarf while Edmund went for the boat.

One of the soldiers picks up their crossbow aiming it at them. In response, Emily held up her bow aiming at one of the soldiers and hitting them, making them fall after the dwarf. Susan held her aimed her arrow to the other soldier who surrendered by jumping after his friend.

Peter then came back to the surface with the dwarf and Edmund tied up the boat. Lucy took out her dagger and untied his ropes around his wrists and legs. He took the gag off his mouth and stood up coughing.

"Drop him?" he said angrily throwing the gag away. "That's the best you could come up with?" "A simple thank you would suffice." Susan scoffed. "They were doing just fine drowning me without your help." The dwarf pointed over to where the boat once was.

"Maybe we should have let them.." Peter pondered. "Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asked. "They're Telmarines. That's what they do.." The dwarf replied.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund questioned, glancing at Peter and then back at the dwarf. "Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The dwarf asked. "It's bit of a long story.." Lucy smiled.