↳ CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

-NIGHTMARES-
————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-TWOˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-NIGHTMARES-————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTY-TWOˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THUNDER CRACKED and waves toppled over the Dawn Treader. Emily was out on deck, enjoying the thunderstorm.

She could hear the loud shouts over the crashing waves. "Your majesty? What are you doing out here? You could catch a cold!" Drinian asked.

"Just enjoying the fresh air of sea water." Emily replied.

"Come on, let's get you inside. Before you catch your death." Drinian grabbed a spare cloak and wrapping it around Emily and putting the hood over her head.

He lead Emily into Caspian's study where Caspian and Edmund were inside. "So, we're stuck here." Drinian began putting a place marker on the map.

"At half rations, with food and water for two more weeks, maximum. This is your last chance to turn back, your majesties. There's no guarantee we will spot the blue star anytime soon. Not in this storm. Needle in a haystack, trying to find this Ramandu place. We could sail right past it and off the edge of the world."

"Or get eaten by a sea serpent." Edmund added. Emily smacked his arm.

"Not funny." she scolded him. "I am just saying, the men out there are getting nervous. These are strange seas were sailing the likes of which I've never seen before." Drinian said.

"Then perhaps, Captain, you would like to be the one to explain to Mr. Rhince that we are abandoning the search for his family." Caspian stood up holding onto the top of the boat.

"I will get back to it. Just a word of warning. The sea can play nasty tricks on the crew's mind." Drinian began to put his cloak back on. "Very nasty."

Drinian walked out of the room and back onto the deck while everyone stayed silent. Emily felt her chest aching, as she put a hand on her chest to try and ease the pain.

She began to cough which caught Caspian and Edmund's attention. "You alright, Em?" Edmund asked once she had finished coughing. "Yeah, I'm fine." she answered.

"You don't seem fine, you've gone pale and you look cold." Edmund said, she could sense the worry in his voice.

"It's just because of the stormy weather and I was outside. I'll just go and get some sleep." she walked out of the room and towards her own room. Edmund and Caspian glanced at each other.