↳ CHAPTER THIRTY

-SHE KNOWS-
————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act iii)

-SHE KNOWS-————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER THIRTYˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act iii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE MEMBERS OF THE DAWN TREADER immediately got back to work on the ship. Emily walked back to her room, hoping that she could tend to her wounds.

She felt a hand grab her arm and she was dragged into Caspian's study on her left. The door closed shut behind her and she saw who had dragged her into the room.

"Are you sure you're okay? Because I don't believe for a second you are." Edmund spoke.

Emily sighed, crossing her arms. "Look, I know you've had trouble with letting people in to help you. But please, Em. I'm your best friend. Let me look after you." Edmund begged, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Fine. You can clean my neck for me. There's nothing else that needs to be cleaned." Emily gave in, regretting it already. Edmund smiled before looking through the drawers to find something to clean her wound with.

He soon found everything that was needed and walked back over to her. Emily was sat on the table, waiting for him.

He poured some of the liquid onto a cloth, about to place it on her neck when he spoke. "This might sting a little."

"Just get it over with." Emily sighed, preparing for the worst. He gently wiped the cloth across Emily's cut across her neck, placing his other hand under her chin, lifting it up.

She winced as a reaction, to which he noticed immediately. "Sorry."

"It's fine.." Emily replied as he carried on. Silence, the only sound that could be heard was the waves crashing against the boat. "So, what's this Adelaine girl like?" Emily asked.

Edmund hesitated. "Ummm. She's... Yeah. She's alright.. I think" Edmund replied, before walking away.

Emily frowned at his reaction. He came back over with a cloth soaked in water to clear the rest of the blood off.

"Okay, I'm done." Edmund told her and placed the cloth on the table next to Emily. Edmund stared at Emily as she was zoned out.

"Em?" he called, snapping her out of her daze. "Yeah, sorry."

She hopped off the table, beginning to walk out the room, when Edmund stopped her. "You promise me that he didn't hurt you? Because you can tell me." Edmund asked.