↳ CHAPTER NINETEEN

-MEETING NEW PEOPLE-
—————————————————
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER NINETEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷
(act ii)

-MEETING NEW PEOPLE-—————————————————ˏˋ°•*⁀➷CHAPTER NINETEENˏˋ°•*⁀➷(act ii)

———PROMISES———

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

EMILY AND EDMUND walked down the cliff, being careful not to fall into the river below. The river flowed out and was more shallow. Emily stepped on the rocks, trying to be careful not to fall, being her clumsy self.

Up ahead, she saw Lucy step on a rock that wasn't stable and Trumpkin held her arms making sure she didn't fall.

Emily was too busy paying attention to Lucy that she missed a rock, her ankle twisted, when she was about to fall but Edmund held onto her waist, keeping her steady.

"Thanks." she said, looking back at him. "You know I won't always be there to catch you." He reminded her.

"Yes, I'm quite aware of that. Thank you." She nodded, taking his hands off her waist before reaching the end of the river and to the shore. Edmund smirked to himself, following after her. It was starting to get dark when they went through another forest.

They found a little clearing and set up a fire. They all got relaxed and before Emily drifted off into sleep she overheard a conversation.

"Lucy? You awake?" Susan asked. Lucy hummed in reply. "Why do you think I didn't see Aslan?" Susan asked. "You believe me?" Lucy propped up her arm slightly leaning on it. "Well, we got across the gorge."

"I don't know... maybe you didn't really want to." Lucy answered. "You always knew we would be coming back here, didn't you?" Susan asked. Lucy slightly nodded. "I finally just got used to the idea of being in England." Emily heard Susan sigh. "But you've got to be here, haven't you?" Lucy asked.

"While it lasts." Then everything went silent. What did Susan mean by 'while it lasts'? Emily rolled over onto her other side and tried getting to sleep. But her thoughts wouldn't let her rest.

They weaved in and out of her brain, some staying longer than others. Edmund was facing the other side of her, their backs to one another. He was already fast asleep.

He mindlessly rolled over so that his front faced Emily's back, he draped an arm over Emily's waist, rubbing his thumb against her stomach. Emily's eyes widened.

She could feel his hot breath tickle the back of her neck. She looked back, seeing how peaceful he looked. "Ed?" she whispered yet she got no reply. She tried to pry his hand but it wouldn't budge.