Challenge From Lane

Shasa and Tomoka were standing on opposite side of Shards. They were at the beach and both Shasa and Tomoka were looking at Shards who is looking sadly at her destroyed Sadryn.

"You okay?" Tomoka asked, worried about her best friend.

"I gave it my all...but I pushed Sadryn to hard. That was my fault." Shards said. Shasa just sadly looked at her and opened her mouth but Shards interrupted her.

"No...it's not your fault. So don't blame yourself." Shards said. Shasa was surprised but still felt bad.

Shards looked back at Sadryn, closed her eyes and smiled. She looked up at both of her friends.

"I'll get Sadryn fixed up, and we'll be back in blading in no time!" She said with motivation which made both of her friends smile.

Shards then turned to Shasa.

"You better register to that tournament. Cause I wanna have our real battle there!" Shards said. Shasa smiled.

"I promise!" Shasa held out her fist and Shards fist bumped back. Shards smiled at her friends and walked the other way.

Shasa and Tomoka smiled at their friend.

When Shards was out of sight, Tomoka and Shasa turned to each other.

"You gonna head back to the apartment?" Shasa asked.

"Yeah, this day was something, so I'm just gonna go back and rest up a little bit." Tomoka shrugged.

"What about you?"

Shasa thought for a little bit.

"I was actually thinking about practicing a little more." Shasa said. Tomoka smiled.

"Alright! I'll be at the apartment, see ya!" Tomoka said.

"Bye!"

Now Tomoka walked out of Shasas view. Shasa was all alone now.

Shasa was smiling before it slowly dropped.

"Now, I'm all alone." Shasa sighed. 

Shasa pulled Saturn out and looked at her bey. Her mind reverted back to her and Shards match.

"I know it wasn't my fault...but I wonder..." Shasa spoke to her bey. Even though Shards clarified it wasn't her fault. Shasa still feels like it was.

Shasa was then broken out of her thoughts when she heard footsteps. She turned to her left and noticed a tall teenager in a black coat.

Shasa was surprised as she recognized him.

It was Lane Valhalla!

The person who defeated Valt in the Legend Festival Finals. But why was he here?

"You...?" Shasa began, still surprised by his presence. Lane only glared at her and pointed towards her.

"I have some business to deal with you."

"Me?"

Shasa was surprised. Lane actually came to her? This was their first ever meeting.

"Shasa Guten." Lane began. Shasa sweated a little bit as she lifted her head.

"Why do you battle?" Lane asked. Shasa was confused by the question. But also a little bit annoyed.

"I battle cause it's fun! That's why." Shasa answered and Lane gritted his teeth like he heard that answer over a million times and it was the wrong one.