Free De La Hoya

Tomoka, Shasa looked at Free with wide eyes. Free walked up to the two bladers.

"I wasn't expecting to meet another legendary blader here!" Tomoka said with stars in her eyes while Free just blankly looked at her. Shasa nervously grinned at this.

"She's a good friend of mine and I gotta agree, It's been a while and I'm surprised to see you here."

Free smiled at that and said:

"Well...Valt told me how you started your own blading journey and well, I thought I'd come say hi." Free said. Again, Valt spoke about her.

"He also told me you have a lightning bey and you've gotten really strong. You even beat Xander Shakadara." Free said.

"Really? Well yeah, I've gotten stronger and I'm planning on participating in the legend league." 

Free also smiled at that new information.

"But, not trying to be rude or anything, but what're you doing here?" Shasa asked.

"From what I heard from Valt, It's been a while since we've battled and he's told me how strong you've gotten. So, what do you say? You up for it?" Free asked, Shasa was surprised by his challenge but smirked.

"Alright! Let's do it!" Shasa agreed.

Tomoka stood aside while Free walked up to the other side of the bey stadium.

"This is Mirage Fafnir!" Free declared as he held up his lightning beyblade.

"And this is Surge Saturn!" Shasa said as she held up her beyblade up to him.

"Alright! Bey inspection!" Tomoka said. Free and Shasa walked up to each other and switched beyblades.

Mirage Fafnir, it's a left spinning stamina type and it's entire ring is surrounded by rubber, it's chassis can be shifted to absorb and counter mode and the nothing driver. Like Geist Fafnir, it's driver can prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor and it can compress, acting in some sort of the reboot driver. Shasa thought to herself. Fafnir once held the record for the strongest beyblade in the world and Shasa is gonna need to find a way to counter these gimmicks. 

She looked up to see Free studying her beyblade but it just looked like he doesn't know what he's look at.

Both bladers traded back their beys and went to the opposite sides of the stadium.

"First Battle!" Tomoka announced.

Shasa kept Saturn on attack mode since it has an upper advantage.

Free looked at his bey and Shasa watched as Free changed the 2 Stamina Chassis onto counter mode.

Shasa was a bit confused, she knew Fafnir could switch modes but for what though? 

Both bladers got into their blading positions.

"Ready? Set!" Tomoka began.

"3!" Free moved his right leg across

"2!" He then jumped into the air while spinning

"1!" Free finally bent down to his launcher

"GO, SHOOT!!!" Free pulled the thread as hard as he could, pulling of a lightning launch. Free was also a little bit more impressed by Shasa doing a lightning launch but it slightly caught Free of guard of her launching style.

Both beyblades landed heavily on the stadium and Fafnir quickly took guard of the center while Saturn just raced around the stadium.

"Now, come." Free urged.

"Let's show him!" Shasa commanded and Saturn quickly collided with Fafnir, slightly knocking it into the air.

Fafnir quickly raced to take the center once again but Saturn quickly got in its way.

"Keep going!" Shasa called out.

"Heh, it won't work." Free said and Fafnir knocked Saturn into the air and landed on one of the surge zones and took the center.

Saturn quickly gained speed and jumped out of the zone to send a barrage of attacks towards Fafnir.

But to Shasas surprise, Fafnir wasn't budging, it was just taking all of the hits. Shasa looked closely and noticed something, it was the chassis! The chassis is formed like a triangle and the 3 points are sticking further out of the ring, doing that gives a beyblade the ability to counter off incoming attacks from an opposing bey.

Seeing her reaction, Free smiled.

"Seems like you've figured it out. But I think it's time to end this." He calmly said and after Saturn hit Fafnir one more time, Fafnir quickly sped from the center and around hitting Saturn into the air.

Luckily, Saturn hit the wall and pushed back towards Saturn, catching Free by surprise.

"End this! Saturn!" Shasa powered up and her and Saturn were surrounded by a raging flare. The avatar of Surge Saturn was summoned which was also surrounded in a blue flare.

Free's eyes widened as he saw this. Out of the all of the other people to have flare, he wasn't expecting Shasa to have it.

Shasa saw his expression and acted fast before Free could.

"Surge Distortion!"

CLASH

An explosion covered up with stadium. The three bladers covered themselves and were waiting for it to stop so they can see the results.

All of a sudden, Free heard a clang and when he looked up, his eyes followed Mirage Fafnir racing pass him and when Free turned, his eyes widened when he saw Fafnir burst and both of the ring and the driver landing on the sand.

Shasa and Tomoka were more surprised, neither were expecting Mirage Fafnir to burst!

"Woah..." Shasa muttered to herself.

Tomoka was overly shocked, she did not expect her friend to burst the number 4 legendary bladers bey like that at all.

Shasa was really surprised. She felt like she cheated in some sort of way because this was her and Free's first battle in a long time and for her to beat Free at the first battle is surprising.

But overall, she smiled. She couldn't remember beating Fafnir before and this sudden win gave her a boost of energy. She felt herself improving by each battle she's having and defeating the number 4 legendary blader is a big improvement!

Free was shocked, he didn't expect Shasa to be this strong. But the fact that she has flare was more surprising to him. He could tell Shasa has improved by her attacks, but those moves she had and the impact Saturn returned was major crazy strength.

So...is this what Valt meant? Free thought to himself as he just kept starring at Fafnir who was still on the sand.