2. Dark clouds

"Today was okay, but I been feeling sorrow
Tonight I'ma pray it's better by tomorrow"

~ Rodarius Marcell Green

Kennedy banks pov
Friday 11/4

Kennedy banks pov Friday 11/4

"Goodmorning lil folks nem .. I know you prolly still sleep , but I just wanted the first person you hear when you wake up to be a real nigga so your welcome .  I know I ain't been talking to you lately but ya pops been going through a lot on foe nem . Then I been feeling kinda bad for you cause you'll never get to meet the person who made me who I am today ... I'm just glad I'm here to meet you so I can tell you all about her even though it won't be the same . I just don't know why it got like this lil man . It's like after I proposed to your momma shit just went left and everything got fucked up but I promise I'm not gone let that affect you getting to this world healthy lil nigga cause I know you gone be my luh gangster. See yo other two siblings gone be gangsters to and y'all gone be my lil gang in training then  take over the city ! Shit Even though yo momma killed what coulda been your second brother it's straight cause the closest thing I got to my brother ain't even blood . Us real niggas are born solo . Now get to kicking so ken killa can wake up and stop snoring like a damn ogre. I miss her mean ass to "

I slowly open my eyes and look down at Von whos face to face with my stomach holding it on both sides . He starts kissing it over and over causing
Me to smile at him and giggle a little . "Baby? " I call out lowly and he slowly raises his head , resting his chin on my belly , to look up at me

"Bout time yo ass up " he mumbles with a small smile and I chuckles knowing that's his way of saying goodmorning.

"Goodmorning to you to " I yawn and stretch out a bit "how are you feeling ?" I asks knowing he's been having a tough few days trying to mourn maws passing.

He hasn't been smiling or even talking much unless it's to my stomach which is odd since there's not a full baby in it yet and I'm not even showing .

Then on top of that he's been in contact with his family from Chicago to attempt to plan the funeral and I know that's been weighing down heavy on his heart . I hate that he has to go through this , especially since they had just gotten back close and maw was more of his mother figure than anyone else . Now he's left with no one to call a parent and I know that's what's hurting him the most .

"I'm straight "he answers dryly then shrugs a little . I sigh a little knowing that's my que to not asks about his feelings anymore , so I attempt to change the subject .

"Well how's the funeral planning going ? "I asks him

"That shit gone be sumn special " he nods "my maw gotta go out like the real nigga she was , it's not finna be no sad shit " he says and I chuckle then start to think.

"Do you really think Jeff is going to let you fly out to Chicago with Kayla and grandbabi for the funeral?" I asks him remembering how he's not supposed to leave his house . Especially to Chicago .