16. Grace

"Thou shall not try one of us, if they do, I'ma bust
Please don't reach for no chain
Not 'bout the set, but it's more 'bout respect
If they get me upset, they gon' die, that's on gang
Ran up my check, when I walk in the bank
They greet me at the door by my government name
I made a promise, I'm never gon' change
Rolls-Royce umbrella, I'm hopin' it rain, yeah"

~lil baby

Omniscient pov

The church is dead silent as Kennedy stares back in shock at lanora , Noonie ,and bugg standing in front of them with smirks on their faces . She cant believe that Vons mother is actually standing in front of her in real time , and the fact that Von hasn't attacked her yet is surprising her even more .

She looks over at Kayla who shares the same shocked expression as her then sighs and turns away . Lanora told Kayla that she wasn't coming so her and Kennedy forgot all about the idea of her even showing up , but after lanora was certain that von would be there . She just had to make an appearance .

Kennedy looks over at Von whos still hasn't spoken yet then notices his face formed into a full on mug as he stares at lanora with complete hatred in his eyes .

Kennedy wishes she could just get him to be the bigger person and walk out of here without saying or doing anything to cause an disruption, but she knows Von isn't going to let it slide .

It's bad enough his mother is here ,but the fact that she brought Noonie and bugg along ,after knowing the bad blood they left off on , Vons blood is boiling and she's practically asking for a fight .

Everyone wanted the church to remain peaceful and holy , but even god knows all this peace is about to come crumbling  down .

"You look good son " lanora smiles , breaking the silence in the room . Almost everyone's eyebrows raise at the same time and look at Von waiting for a response . Kennedy squeezes his hand seeing how he hasn't moved yet , but she doesn't feel a squeeze back and his warm body is  now cold and still . This is what she feared the most . His emotions freezing again . "You not gone show your mother some love? " she asks holding her arms out for a hug .

"Oh my god ! is uncle Von going to kill her ? "Grandbabi whispers in kaylas ear as they watch this very intense moment .

"Probably " Kayla mumbles seriously fearing for her mother's life .

Knowing Von isn't going to speak to her , Kennedy decides to take Von out the room before his quietness turns into an outburst that no one can control,including her. "Cmon babe you ready to go ?" she mumbles to him , still being ignored .

"Ready to go ? " Noonie chuckles "what's the rush baby boy ?" He smirks looking up at Von . Noonie felt bolder than ever now that Von only  weakness is standing in front of him . He knew he can get away with about anything right now just cause lanora is next to him distracting Von from reality .

All Von can think about and even hear is his mother standing two feet in front of him close enough for him to get to her , close enough for him to hurt her .

He spent long nights thinking about what he would do the next time he's seen her and now that she's actually there , he's stuck just thinking about everything she's done to him up until now .

The abandon homes , the nights on the cold streets of Chicago when she was prostituting herself for money , the drug houses , the time he had to steal a car and help them escape a police officer . Everything and more that's traumatized him and scarred him into the man he's been trying so hard to stir away from . The man that Kennedy helped him forget . The man that his mother is slowly making him remember .