66. You deserve

"Girl I think it's best for me to say this, I ain't no good
And your heart ain't something I should play with
So let's get it understood
I ain't trying to ruin your life
If anything I just want to make it right
And tell the judge I ain't even gotta plead my case
I can tell my baby to her face"

~ august alsina

Kennedy banks pov

12pm

"You ready for this "india asks as she holds my hand tightly while I try to control my foot from shaking .

We're sitting in an actual doctors office for an official check up on the baby . My heart is damn near beating out of my chest as my mind roams and my thoughts take over . For the sake of the baby and for the sake of my mental health I hope Jasmine's been doing her job the right way . Or I might just loose my mind and become crazy Forreal .

She can want to sleep with Von all she pleases but when she messes with my child it becomes a problem. I hate that I even have to worry if she's genuine or not because I should be able to trust her but I just can't . I have to know the truth and I better like it .

"Yep "I nod and she holds my hand tighter

"You're making the right decision Kennedy you can stop being so nervous I'm sure the babies fine "she says attempting to try sound supportive

"I know "I sigh "Thats not the only reason I'm nervous though " I tell her and she looks over at me confused

"What happened ?" she asks . I look at her for a second then pull out my phone unlocking it , then hand it to her watching her read over it

Vons mom 😳- hey Kennedy , this is lanora, Vons mom . I know this is really random and you're probably not even going to respond but in a couple days I'm moving to LA with Kayla and I was wondering if you could please consider scheduling a time where Von and I could talk ? I realize how much he hates me and I want to make it right . He's blocked me out of all his life , and him and Kayla are no longer talking so I don't know who else to turn to . Please help .

"Oh my god "she mumbles finishing "Von is going to prison "

"I know "I shake my head looking over the messages again then locking my phone

After lanora texted me last night my mind has been has been racing as I read over her message many times picking out pieces to dissect . The worst part in my opinion is the face that she's moving to la when Vons soul purposes is to stay away from her for good .

I haven't even responded to her yet because there's no way I can say yes to her request and I don't want to be in the middle of Von and his mothers problems . Especially since their both pretty toxic and impulsive people so I'm not jumping in that fire . I can't help .