89. 10 seconds

"You broke my heart
With all your lies
You really should look for an exit
'Cause you running out of time

Omniscient pov

"Mr and Mrs Bennett I am terribly sorry for your lost . And I know you're going through grievance and may need time to yourself to process this tragic lost of you're beautiful baby boy . "The doctor starts as he attempts to talk to von and kennedy while they stare blankly not hearing a word he's saying .

After her and von cried out every tear that's left inside them , their was nothing more to be said or done . They just decided to sit quietly on the bed wrapped into each other's arms until this terrible reality disappears.

It's still so fresh and surreal that they haven't came into full realization yet . Even with everyone back around them telling them it's true . They just refuse to believe it .

"I just came In here to inform you that we have plenty of staff on duty if you all ever need someone  to talk to or cry to . We even have ther- "

"They don't need no fucking therapist, you don't see us in hea?" Durk grits through his teeth as he frowns at the doctor whose only making the situation worse .

The man looks at him for a second and nods understanding before shifting his attention back to kennedy and von "Again I'm very sorry "he nods lowly before turning around to walk out .

Kennedy watches as the door shuts and slowly shuts her eyes letting the fresh tears built up in them fall down her face as she tries to control her breathing getting everyone's attention in the room making all the emotions start to come back all at once .

Being in this hospital room is starting feel like an hell hole to both kennedy and von . It's like an instant reminder of what happened and it's starting to seem like there's no escape from reliving the lost of their unborn baby .

Everytime that door opens and closes all kennedy can think about is when the doctors first came in to break the news and all von can think about is when he walked in to kennedy crying,  confirming that the news was true . It's like a never ending cycle of hurt , pain , and death . None of those mix well with a room full of emotional people . Things are bound to get ugly .

"Kennedy "india calls out grabbing Kennedy's hand startling her "are you okay ?" She asks sincerely looking at her trying to show comfort .

Kennedy stares back at her then quickly looks away and shakes her head no before letting out a sigh and laying her head back on vons chest .

The truth is she's not okay and as of right now she knows she won't be for a long time . She keeps wondering what's going to happen after this . How is she going to go home and continue her life knowing a big part of it just got snatched away from her so fast . With a blink of an eye she went from decorating a baby room to getting a fetus taken out of her and if that's not traumatizing enough , she doesn't know what can top that .

"Say von you remember the last time we was in a hospital room  " Durk starts chuckling a little trying to change the mood in the room and put a smile on vons face like he always does .

He knows it's probably not the time and place but he just can't sit in the room watching two of the people he loved most in the world drown in their own sorrow like that . He wanted to make things better the best way he knew how , and that's by making him laugh or at least a chuckle. Something other than tears

"Oh yeah "juju adds on catching on to what Durk is doing "yall niggas got to hitting in this hoe " he laughs a little while Durk joins and von raises his head up fighting to find the last bit of laughter left in him .