76. Respect

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB
Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me
Sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me
Sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)"

~Aretha Franklin

Kennedy banks pov

I sit in the dining room quiet,  alone , and anxious while shoving fries in my mouth trying to ease my body and mind from feeling so clouded

I sit in the dining room quiet, alone , and anxious while shoving fries in my mouth trying to ease my body and mind from feeling so clouded .

I'm in complete shock after everything that happened tonight and I don't think the image will ever leave my head or body .

All I keep seeing is von angry and hurt while holding a gun up to lanoras head daring to pull the trigger . The stories he told during the entire moment made me look at their situation and it made me realize I was out of place and there's no way me or anyone else can do to fix their relationship.

The only information I knew was what von told me and what lanora told me so that's why I thought bringing them together would work . But after von expressed what they didn't tell me , I know his pain runs deeper than what's on the surface . I should've never butted in , but I did and from the look on his face and how he talked to me , I don't think that's something he can forgive .

I haven't seen him since he stormed off up the stairs , and truthfully I'm too afraid to go looking for him . I've heard loud noises and screams since he's been up there so I would rather not even go walk into the flames . I already know it's going to be uncontrollable and although he's right to blame me , I want him to be calm when we argue . Even if it takes a week from now , I can't handle it tonight.

I sigh loudly , getting stressed all over again, before dipping some more fries into the ketchup shoving them in my mouth then start to hear footsteps coming towards the dining room door .

Kayla and lanora left immediately after their life was threaten , juju and cisco disappeared and Durk went to go calm von down so I'm hoping that's him giving me the cue that it's safe to go check on him or at least go to sleep in our room . Which I doubt. .

"Wassup Ken? "Durk says as he walks in the kitchen , casually grabbing the seat next to mine while I stare at him waiting for answers . He avoids eye contact while digging into my fries grabbing a handful and shoving them in his mouth .

"Well ? "I question and he looks at me knowing exactly hat I'm asking about . He chews the food slowly then sighs loudly and shakes his head

"Well he's calm " he says and I exhale in relief