40.Who hurt you

"Strange new addictions picked up on the road
Changed my opinions and changed up my flows
Changed my approach, no more loving these hoes
And when it rains it pours, yeah
You make me feel so primal and
That's what I am, I'm just a man"

~Daniel caesar

Omniscient pov

"Oh my god larenze are we even supposed to be up here " Kennedy whispers as her and larenze get off the elevator on a dimmed light empty floor . He asked to show her his gift but Kennedy didn't know she would have to go to the very top hotel floor to see It .

"Yeah me Kayla and toosi got a room up here until we go back to Chicago " he tells her as she follows him to one of the rooms in the empty hallway . He uses his keycard to walk in then turns the light on.

She walks in and looks around before stopping in the full sized mirror and fixing her dress. She here's a lighter flicker then out peripheral sees larenze walking up with a small cake in his hand . She smiles and faces him as he starts singing happy birthday loudly sitting the Instagram logo designed cake on the table .

"Awe larenze this so cute " she laughs blowing out her candles .

"Yeah I thought since we both tried out Instagram together we could share this cake too . That's why I wanted you to see it up here I wasn't on no serial killer shit " he explains and she chuckles .

"Nah I get it , it's really sweet I appreciate it " she nods .

Kennedy was a little concerned at first coming here but seeing how sweet larenze gift is has calmed her nerves all the way down . Of course it's just a simple cake but it has so much meaning to it , which she loved .

"Cheers " he says excitedly as they tap forks before taking a bite .

"Mmm it's good " she groans . "Damn I wish I would've took a picture first so I could send it to Von , it was decorated so nicely "

"Maybe that was for the best " larenze chuckles shaking his head

"What you mean ? " she asks amused

"I don't know " he says lowly and shakes his head " your boyfriend threatened me " he says finally telling someone about him and Vons intense encounter when he first showed up to LA .

"Really ? " Kennedy asks surprised " what did he say ?"

"He said not to make him show out or something like that and that I would see what it meant " he tells her and she busts out laughing

"Oh don't mind that, that's just how he likes to play " she lies trying to ease larenze nerves . She sees the fear in larenzes eyes and she knew if Von said that , he meant it . she didn't want to put larenzes life or Vons freedom in danger by being too friendly with him . She knew she would have to cut this little cake date short .

"It didn't sound like he was playing " he shrugs

"Well he was trust me you have nothing to worry about " she smiles awkwardly then sits her cake down "maybe we should get back to the party though before they sing happy birthday and start passing out gifts "

"Oh yeah for sure " he nods "I've been meaning to ask you something though "

"What ? " she asks looking back at him confused

"Why do you let him call you a bitch ? " larenze asks honestly concerned . It's been floating around his mind since he first heard Von say it and it honestly didn't sit right with him . From the outside looking in he just can't understand why Von treats Kennedy so poorly .. not knowing that it's the complete opposite.