Icarus

my fifth grade greek mythology obsession has returned and you shall fear me

Tommy smiled at the portal. The portal home. He could easily take a few steps and be back at the smp but there was one thing stopping him. Well... one person stopping him. Dream. The masked man wasn't physically there, he was communicating through chat messages. But there were also two people behind him.

<Dream whispered to Tomminnit> I will kill you if you go through

"I know." He stepped back and sat on the bridge looking over the lava. He kept the smile on his face while dangling his legs over the edge.

"What are you talking about Tommy?" One of them asked watching the boy suspiciously.

"I'm talking to Dream. He was just reminding me about something." Tommy looked down at the lava and his smile faltered.

"C'mon Theseus, let's get you back to Logsted."

Tommy frowned.

"Give me a moment, I'm just thinking." His brother hummed and he heard him sit down probably leaning on the walls of the nether hub. His ghost brother sat beside him smiling while holding some blue.

Tommy frowned as he thought. Why did Technoblade compare him to Theseus? Theseus left the one person that helped him and forgot promises he made. Tommy didn't think he did any of that. He didn't remember leaving people or forgetting promises. Surely those consequences would've come much sooner.

Ghostbur laid beside Tommy while going on about something he wasn't really paying attention to. Instead he stared at the lava while thinking about the story of Theseus. Techno had told him it before but he was finally remembering it. The pig man left out a lot during his speech at L'manberg.

"Tommy, you okay? You've been staring down there this whole time. Are you even paying attention?" Ghostbur's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"You sure? You're being really quiet." Techno asked.

"Actually... Why do you call me Theseus?" He was slightly taken back by the question. Didn't he explain why? "And don't leave out part of the damn story. We both know Theseus didn't chase the god damned minotaur out of the city and immediately get fucking killed off." Now that left the pig man thinking. Why was Tommy asking about this now? Why was he asking about this at all? The story made sense in Techno's eyes.

Tommy chased the "minotaur" away and became a leader. Then he made some bad decisions and got exiled. That's exactly what happened. What was he not understanding.

"Your stories are very similar." Tommy chuckled and nodded. He looked at Techno then back at the lava below. "Where are you going with this?"

"I think I fit Icarus a bit more." Techno recounted the story of Icarus.

His dad made the labyrinth to trap the minotaur then some wings held together by wax. Icarus wanted to fly. But he flew too close to the sun and the wax melted and he fell back down to earth.

"Y'know Icarus melted right?" Techno turned around to start doing something while they talked. Tommy didn't say anything.

"Tomms are you alright?" Ghostbur asked. The blond lifted himself up a bit and leaned forward. "Tomm- Tommy!" Techno turned around in time to see his little brother push himself off the ledge plunging into the lava below.

[Tommyinnit tried to swim in lava]
<Philza> Again?
<Ranboo> Stop trying! Just swim!
<Punz> L
<Dream> damn it

Techno looked down at the place his brother was submerged into the ocean of lava. He backed away and looked at Wilbur with wide eyes. The ghost looked down shocked at what they just witnessed. For the first time in a long time Technoblade let a tear trail down his face, evaporating before it hit the ground.

Ghostbur frantically floated over to him and wrapped him in a hug. Techno fell to the ground and let the tears run down his face. Why was he sad? He knew Tommy would've died eventually. The kid was annoying and got in the way and caused problems. So why was he crying into his dead brother arms?

Ghostbur opened the communicator and quickly dm'd their father.

<WilburSoot whispered to Philza> help. we're by the nether hub

He closed the communicator and helped his brother calm down. The piglin eventually composed himself but kept clinging onto the ghost.

🦀TOMMY IS GONE🦀
GUYS NO
HE JUST FUCKEN DIED LMAO
ICARUS POG
WTF
RIP
E
WHO TF IS ICARUS
❤TECHNOSUPPORT

(i couldn't fucking read the other font so now the voices shall forever be readable)

"Techno? Hey, it's okay. I'm the only real voice. Listen to me. You alright mate?" Techno looked up and saw his dad. "What's wrong?"

"Our Icarus flew too close to the sun."

"What?"

"He's dead."