Spoiler: its not the wind (Technodad)

A/N based on Must Have Been The Wind by Alec Benjamin. TW// abuse (mentioned and talked about) and CPS

Technoblade would say he's a pretty average person. Average grades in high school, average job, average apartment, slightly below average eyesight, average mental health issues, average hearing. He never really complained when people called him bland or unaware of things happening around him. But with his current situation he would kindly like to tell whoever says the second to fuck off and would also like highlight his average hearing.

See, Techno moved into his apartment around a year ago, it was closer to his job and the neighbors relatively stuck to themselves. But around a month ago he heard news of new people moving into one of the apartments above his. He thought nothing of it at the time because he didn't think he'd ever have to interact with them. He learned it was a couple and their kid shortly after but still thought nothing of it (there were plenty of kids in his apartment complex). But then the noises started.

Nothing sexual sounding, thank the gods, but still very bad. Random thumping and thuds, sounds resembling heavy stomping, the occasional muffled yelling, and the newest sound: glass shattering and crying. Techno knew red flags from miles away and expected his neighbors to handle it when the yelling started but apparently they had already gotten a noise complaint from the landlord (he knew there must've been a reason behind the week of silence). So he took it into his own hands this time, a bold move he knows.

Getting over the slightly dazed mindset Techno had after just waking up and confirming the sound of crying above him, he made his way through his apartment and to the elevator down the hall. He clicked on the button to the floor above his and waited for the doors to open again. He made his way down the hall while counting the doors until he got to the apartment above his. He noticed someone sticking their head out of their door but retreating after seeing someone. Lazy fuck. Techno hesitated before knocking on the door and waiting for an answer.

A kid, maybe ten or eleven at most, opened as far as the chain lock let him and looked at Techno. He silently wondered why they were up this late. The kid looked pale even in the dim lighting and had a hoodie covering most of his neck and face but Techno could clearly see bandages on the side of his face. He suddenly got nervous realizing he didn't know what he was suppose to say. "Hi, uhm." Wow, really smart Techno, truly a master of words. "I thought I heard something. Sounded like crying." The kid stared at him for a moment before answering.

"I think your ears are playing tricks on you." They seemed unsure but continued speaking. "Thanks for caring sir, thats nice of you but I have to go back in. Wish I could tell you about the noise but I didn't hear a thing. It must of been the wind." Techno was about to speak but the kid closed the door. He sighed and hoped it truly was a dream while he returned to his own apartment and sat on the floor of his room. He knew there was probably something more that the kid wasn't telling him, the signs were all there, but he hoped it was just his imagination messing with him.

The noises stopped for a few days and it felt strange. He constantly felt like he should do something and confront the neighbors. The feeling never went away no matter what he did. He called his brother about it and was met with the same suspicious reaction and an even worse irky feeling. It got to the point that he laid on the floor of his apartment staring at the ceiling until he finally decided to get up and ask again. He walked down the hall to the elevator and then again to the neighbors apartment where he stood in front of the door once again.

He knocked and was met with the same kid he spoke to last time. This time the door wasn't held back by the chain lock. Techno could see more of the kid this time, he could see the definitely bandages cheek and how the kid wore a sweater covering his neck under his hoodie. The kid stared at him as they did last time until he finally repeated the unspoken question he had last time. "Sorry if I'm intruding but are you sure everythin' is okay kid? There nothing bad happening in there, is there?" The kid shook their head.