Treasure

Technoblade is a piglin hybrid, as most people know. And as a pigling hybrid he experiences most piglin traits including doing better in hotter weather, he's better at trading and bargaining, he's better with a sword than most people his age, he does better with packs and sounders, and he loves gold. These traits should be a suprise to no one that knows anything about piglins. However, he's a strange exception to some of these. Techno lives in the snowy mountains and rarely trades with others, he distances himself from any groups or herds and would rather use his fighting skills to protect his home, and he doesn't have a sounder.

He does love gold.

He has piles of gold able to compete with dragon hoards. He's attracted to anything shiny and if he can, he will take it and add it to his collections. He has crowns of nobel people that he's encountered, he has coins and gold bars and even particularly shiny copper pieces he's found, he has jewelry of all kinds, and so much more gold. He dresses in the shiniest jewelry he has and wears a golden crown with pride. Many that have heard stories of the lonely beast in the mountains have tried to come and take his gold, none have succeeded. Technoblade is perfectly fine staying alone in his cave of gold.

But we have to pause his story for a moment. For now we need to introduce someone very important to him, well not important yet. For now this story is about a kid that has recently been disowned by his family and kicked out of the home he's lived in for all ten years of his life. They didn't bother bringing him to the orphanage, not that he'd even want to go, that place gets burned down or massacred every other  month. Maybe that's why his family didn't bring him there. Maybe hoped he'd die quicker on the streets. Well they're wrong, big man Tommy is so smart and can survive anything. It doesn't matter what those bitches think, they'll be begging for him back soon and he'll simply say no because they don't deserve him.

Why did they adopt him if they were just going to throw him out? It's fine, this is fine. It's not like Tommy liked them anyway. He'll be fine on his own. He'd been practically raising himself his whole life anyway. Not like they did anything for him apart from letting him keep what little stuff he owned (they threw the bag at him after throwing him out). He just needs to find a place to stay for the night... or for a while. He needs a place to sleep. Shouldn't be to hard. The moon is just rising. And it's not like this town is that cold.

He was lying to himself. It's fucking freezing. He found an old alleyway with a small roof, probably what some other homeless person used, Tommy wonders what happened to them. At least it kept him warm enough for the few days he spent there. Big man Tommy is great at surviving. He could live there his whole life if he actually wanted to. The only reason he wasn't going to is because he rather likes sleeping in an actual bed and having food for every meal. He should've hidden his hybrid traits, he should've noticed the glares his ex-family sent him, he should've thought more of the hushed comments he overheard, he should've known they hated him.

This is where we return the story to the beast in the mountains, Technoblade. The orphanage mentioned earlier, the one that gets burned down or massacred every other month, that might be his fault. He's not admitting to anything. Nobody has any proof. Well apparently doing this little "hobby" there are some instances where some unfortunate soul survives. He's gotten a bit of a reputation. A beast of pure fire and hell that lives in the mountains, the face of a boar skull and the strength of thirty strongpeople. He goes hunts in the forest and goes into villages Killin children and anyone that stands in his way. Many go to the mountains determined to kill him or die trying, always the latter.

And as I've said before, Technoblade is not one to deny his natural attraction to anything shiny and gold. Which brings us to now. Hidden in the edge of town watching builders build a new orphanage with bricks hoping he wouldn't burn it. Look, it's not his fault orphans are the reason he lost his old sounder. He watched builders stack brick after brick, making a new home for those horrid children. He watched until his eyes caught on to something yellow. A small speck of gold in the bland town. His eyes naturally followed it to see where it came from. A young child, ten maybe eleven at most, with dirtied clothes and a mischievous sparkle in the otherwise very dull eyes. It was running from a shopkeeper.