Chapter 22

Lisa did what she said, she didn't bother Jennie anymore for the rest of the day but she was still waiting for the latter to at least send her a message just to make her feel at ease. But she never heard anything from Jennie. She just fell asleep waiting for the latter's reply but she didn't receive any.

In the next morning, she pulled herself together and tried to be optimistic. She kept telling herself that Jennie might have just been busy last night that she had no time to talk to Lisa.

Lisa is going to pick Jennie up today. It's what she usually does anyway. Hopefully, the latter would still be there because if not, then she'll start to think that the girl is really avoiding her.

Today, she just wore a bright yellow hoodie paired with a loose pair of jeans. To complete her fit, she wore a pair of white sneakers. Just as simple as that not like the usual girly clothes she wears since she met Jennie. It is so freaking comfortable than she thought.

After preparing, she ate her breakfast together with her mom and dad. The two cheered her up with regards to Jennie and they also wished her luck. When it was time to go, she bid farewells to her parents.

While on the way to Jennie's house, she can't help but to feel so nervous. She badly wants to see Jennie and she really hope she'd be there at their house. She texted Jennie earlier that she'd pick the latter up but like the other day, she still didn't get any response. It's either Jennie's phone is broken or she's just ignoring Lisa's text and calls. Either way, it still makes Lisa sad. Jennie could've tried getting in touch with her in other ways.

When she reached Jennie's house, she parked her car and took a deep breath before hopping out of her car. She was seriously crossing her fingers wishing Jennie's there. Hopefully, she'll even be the one to open the door for her.

She knocked on the door a few times but instead of seeing the girl she'd been longing to see, she was met by the latter's mother.

"Oh hi, Good morning to you Lisa. I assume you're here to pick Jennie up." The woman said and smiled at her.

"Good morning, auntie. Yes, I'm here for her. Is she by any chance still here?" Lisa asked hopefully.

"The thing is, uhm she already left early. She's probably at the university by now. Just look for her there." Jennie's mom said to Lisa.

So, she didn't see Jennie again. Is that girl really avoiding her? She just sighed.

"Okay, I guess I have to go again. I hope she isn't avoiding me." She mumbled but the woman was able to hear her.

"Take care." Mrs. Kim said.

"I will, auntie."

Lisa left with a heavy heart once again. She drove her car to the university in hopes that in there, she'd see Jennie and they'll be able to finally talk.

Meanwhile, Jennie's mom just watch as Lisa departed. She sighed and just shook her head. Lisa seemed to be really serious with her daughter. This girl is even making a lot of effort just to see Jennie. If she'll be asked she'll really support Lisa for her daughter because she feel like Lisa will take care, love and will never hurt her girl intentionally. She don't even understand why Jennie decided to distance herself from Lisa. Her girl sure have insecurities but she can't do anything though because she don't want to interfere with her daughter's decisions. The latter is on the right age by now anyway. She'll realize things eventually. She just hope that her daughter won't get hurt in the end.

When Lisa reached their school, she parked her car in the parking lot and the moment she stepped out of her car, everyone was looking at her. Some even gasped and some jaws were hanging in awe. They just can't believe Lisa is looking so different. It was the first time that Lisa wore casual but not so feminine clothes and man she's still rocking it.