Chapter 40

"You sure you're okay, baby? I mean we can just tell Tzuyu that we can't go to her party. I know she'll understand." Lisa said and held Jennie's hand with her free hand.

She just noticed that Jennie was looking so uneasy. She had been tapping her foot on the ground again while she fidgets her fingers. Actually, Jennie doesn't want to go to Tzuyu's party because she can imagine the same scenario that happened during Jackson's party. She knows that she's safe and that Lisa can protect her this time but she can't help but to get nervous and think about negative things. It's just that she got traumatized. She don't want to be a burden to Lisa though but at the same time, she don't want Lisa to flirt with someone else so she wants to go and maybe look after what's hers. It's just that her fear is just getting the best of her. Kai won't be there anyway, right?

"I'll be fine don't worry about me. You already promised Tzuyu that we're going. Let's not disappoint her in her own birthday." Jennie said and smiled weakly.

"Okay then but you have to calm down. I'm here with you. I swear nothing bad is going to happen to you again. Not on my fucking watch." Lisa promised, and gave Jennie an assuring smile.

"I know, I trust you." Jennie said.

Lisa brought their intertwined hands to her lips, kissing the back of Jennie's hand while she keep her gaze at the road. Actually, they are currently driving towards Tzuyu's house where the party will be held. Tzuyu is Lisa's friend but honestly, if Jennie says that they won't go, then they won't go. Jennie's is the reall boss between them after all.

"If you tell me we're going home, we're going home then. If you don't want it there, just tell me baby and I'll take you somewhere else." Lisa said.

"No, you don't have to bother. I'm sure I'll be able to adjust. Just don't leave my side, okay?"

"I won't baby. I'll even take you with me to the bathroom if ever I feel the nature's calling if I have to, well if that's what you want." She said and chuckled while Jennie glared at her, clearly not finding the humor in it.

"Just kidding, baby." She said and kissed the back of Jennie's hand again multiple times. She actually want to kiss Jennie's cute mandu cheeks right now but since she's driving, the hand will do for now.

After that, there was a long silence.

"Lisa, where do you think Kai go?" Jennie said out of the blue. Though she never mentioned it after a long time, she still wonders where the hell that bastard went. She swear she'll never have her peace of mind until she finds out what happened that night. It was just so weird and suspicious. It makes her think a lot.

What exactly happened after Lisa followed them that night? Did Lisa really forgot what happened too or.....

"I have no idea baby but I swear if I see him once more, I'll never let him slip away again." Lisa said with gritted teeth.

"Do you think he's Nouvelle's father?" She said while staring down at her belly. Honestly, she hopes it wasn't Kai. That guy was a schemer, a monster, a jerk and whatsoever.

She thinks it's impossible but she still low-key wished that her baby was Lisa's but made with love though not from a nightmare. She just shook her head mindlessly. They're both girls, she thinks they're never gonna have a baby unless it's IVF or from adoption. One thing is for sure though, Lisa is going to be a great parent. From now, she can already tell by the way the latter takes care of her and the way she talks to the unborn child in her womb.

"He's never gonna be Nouvelle's dada. I won't even allow him to get near you." Lisa said and protectively caressed Jennie's belly.

"I know but what if he turns out to be my baby's biological father and try to take her away from me one day. I-I don't know what I'll do. I'm scared to be honest." Jennie said and bit her lower lip.