Chapter 34

When Jennie got home, she went straight to her room and took a quick bath since she was kind of feeling a little sticky. After taking a bath, she went out wearing just a bath robe. Then she opened her closet to find something comfortable to wear but she remembered Lisa's shirt which was in her bag. She took it out and sniffed it like it's a damn cocaine. When she had enough with the sniffing, she decided to wear it and man it's the most comfortable thing she could ever wear. Lisa's smell is still lingering there so it feels like Lisa is hugging her through that fabric.

She hugged herself and thought that it's Lisa doing it. Well, that's the least thing she could do because she's stubborn. Anyway, it will do for now. She just grabbed a pair pajama pants and wore it. When she got contented with her fit, she finally got downstairs.

Her mother was still at work and she's bored so she decided to just cook dinner for the both of them. She wanted to cook fried rice though it a breakfast food but when she was cutting garlic, the smell instantly turned her stomach upside down and so she went dashing to their sink and started puking. She was just lucky that her mom was still not around or else she'll be caught red-handed.

She had to throw those garlics away and spray air fresher until she was able to breathe fine. She was literally holding her breath then.

She just cooked some rice, beef stew and took some kimchi from their fridge. Those where the only foods she can make since their resources were limited but those will do. She prepared the foods to the table and just waited for her mom to arrive.

Just after few minutes, the person she'd been waiting for came.

"Hi mom!" Jennie greeted her mom enthusiastically and kissed the latter's cheek.

"Hey, why are you so cheerful today?" Her mom asked while smiling.

"I don't know. By the way, I already cooked dinner for us. Let's eat before the foods get cold." She said and cheerfully dragged her mom towards their dining area. She let the woman sit, then she took hers.

"How was your day, sweetie?" Mrs. Kim asked her daughter while she put rice to their plates.

"It was just fine, nothing unusual actually." She answered.

"You seem to be in a good mood. Are you and Lisa friends again?" Her mom asked and her mood instantly dropped hearing that name. She just remembered that they were going to the bar again with Tzuyu. That should be her.

She just sighed inwardly as she tried to shrug that thought away and then she smiled at her mom.

"Hmm, nope but it's okay. I have Rosé with me anyway so don't worry mom." She assured the woman.

Mrs. Kim is really worried for her daughter. She, herself misses Lisa being around there how much more to Jennie. They were friends for five years anyway. There were a lot of memories that they shared and problems they've been through. No matter how much Mrs. Kim want the two to make up, she can't interfere with her daughter's decisions. They're in the right age anyway and they'll learn their lessons eventually so she'll just let them be.

"Mom, I said don't worry about me. Look, I'm fine. Maybe we'll make up and I don't know when but not now." She said when she noticed her mother looking at her worriedly.

"Aigoo, I just miss that girl too. Don't you miss her?" The woman asked.

"I do but if you know my reasons, you'll probably understand." She said and sighed.

"Don't you want me to know the reason?" Her mom said hoping she'd open up but she's still not ready so she just sighed.

"I'll tell you soon mom but for now, I think we have to eat first because the foods are getting cold." She said and giggled which made her mom smile after that heavy atmosphere.