Chapter 55

"Wifey, let's go." Rosé called Jennie while waving. She's already at the doorway but Jennie was still gathering her things to her bag.

It's already lunch break. Lisa already texted them, asking whether she still have to pick Jennie up from their room or not. Jennie insisted that they can manage. So, yeah the girl and their squad is already at the cafeteria, waiting for them.

"Wait a moment, hubby." Jennie yelled.

After packing her things, she grabbed her bag and went after Rosé but before she could get near the door, she felt someone held her wrist. She flinched but she sighed in relief when she found out that it was just Taehyung.

"You frightened me, Tae. What do you need by the way?" Jennie asked and smiled at the guy.

"Are you avoiding me?" Taehyung suddenly asked which made Jennie's brows furrow. What? Is she avoiding this man? Of course not, not intentionally at least.

"No, why would I do that?" Jennie asked and chuckled awkwardly. She then realized that she haven't hang out with him since the day she made up with Lisa. It's not like she's avoiding him tho, it's just that she's been hanging out with Lisa and the squad more often and she don't know why but she's certain that Taehyung wouldn't fit with in with the girls.

"Nevermind, can you just eat lunch with me? I mean it's been a long time since we last bonded. I kind of miss you by the way" Taehyung showed her box smiled and scratched the back of his head shyly.

As much as Jennie want to, she can't fulfill Taehyung's wish because Lisa and the other girls are already waiting for her and Rosé at the cafeteria.

"I'm sorry Tae but I can't today because Lisa is already waiting for me. Maybe some other time, if she'd let me tho." Jennie shrugged her shoulder and smiled at the guy.

"Why would you need her permission. It's not like she's your girlfriend." Taehyung chuckled and smirked.

"Actually Tae, she is." Jennie smiled while Taehyung was taken aback with what she said.

"What? Seriously Jen? Since when? You never told me about it." Taehyung exclaimed. He's aware that there was something about the two girls but she never expected that they'll really get to the point that they'll decide to be in a relationship. Is it too late for him?

"It's been  for a few months already." She replied and smiled.

"Wifey! What's taking you so long?" Rosé yelled as she peaked through the door.

"We have to go, Tae. Sorry, maybe some other time." Jennie gave him an apologetic smile and bowed.

"It's okay." He said with gritted teeth and clenched his fist behind him.

Jennie bowed again at him and left with Chaeyoung. They finally headed to the cafeteria where their friends are already waiting for them. On the way, Rosé asked Jennie what happened for she saw that the girl was having a conversation with Taehyung. She kind of saw that the guy seem to not be in a good mood. So she's wondering what the two talked about.

"What did you and Taehyung talked about?" Chaeyoung as they continue walking along the lobby.

"Nothing much. He just invited me for lunch but I declined of course because Lisa would be mad." Jennie answered.

"That's right. Lisa would definitely be upset if you go with him. It would be a huge mess, my dear wifey. I can already imagine it." Rosé said while shaking her head.

"Why would it be a mess?" Jennie asked curiously.

"Lisa would be jealous of course. Besides, I heard from Jisoo that Lisa was so upset when she saw you hugging Taehyung one time. They even had a hard time looking for that girl only to find out that she was on the rooftop." Chaeyoung said and shrugged.