Chapter 60

Jennie woke up after hearing her door creaking open. She was sure it was locked earlier and the proof is that even Lisa wasn't able to get in no matter how much she tried to twist that doorknob. This person who just entered the room is surely her mother because the latter is the only one who has a key to her room other than her.

She just sighed and turned her back on her mom. She's still unsure if she's ready to talk to the woman because no matter how much she tell herself to not be mad because the latter is her mother, she just can't help it. All her life, she had been lied to. For almost twenty years of existing she just found out about her father. Just like Lisa, Dara also had a thousands, millions even of chances to come clean and speak of the truth but she decided to keep it from her too.

All this time, she had been grieving for someone who wasn't even dead. She should have found it suspicious that her mother never brought her to her 'dead' father's grave in the first place. She just thought that her mother was still not over his death yet but now everything is starting to make sense. She honestly don't know what to feel, everything seems to confusing her. It's just traumatizing how the persons that she believes and trusted with all her heart are those who were fooling her and kept on lying to her face.

"Jennie, sweetie I know you are awake. I don't know what happened between you and Lisa but you can talk to me. Mom's going to listen." Dara said as she sit on the edge of Jennie's bed.

Jennie didn't answer though. She just remained silent in fear that she might say something that she might regret. And she might hurt her mother with reckless words which will obviously not help her but only make her feel worse than what she's already been feeling.

"Ignoring people who cares for you won't help, darling. Talk to me and let me help you if I can." Dara said as she stroke her daughter's jet black hair.

She's starting to get more worried because she have no idea what's happening. The last time Jennie was like this was when she and Lisa avoided each other. And from what Lisa's statement earlier, she seems to be clueless as well. If this is just one of her mood swings, it's definitely the most bothersome. She'd prefer her daughter being grumpy than being like this, isolating herself.

Jennie took a deep breath.

"Mom, I'll give you a chance to tell me the truth and the whole truth." She mumbled without even sparing a glance at her mother.

Mrs. Kim on the other hand got surprised with what Jennie said. The latter seems to know something that is against her. She couldn't decipher which is it though. Confusion started to get written on her face.

"W-what do you mean?" She asked her child with her forehead creased as she try to wonder what in the earth could it be.

"Tell me something you have been keeping from me for a long time. This is the last chance I'll be giving you the opportunity to explain and make me understand." She said sternly, trying her best not to sound so disrespectful despite of the hint of resentment she's feeling.

By that, Dara already got an idea what Jennie was trying to mean because all this time she'd only been hiding one thing from her daughter. What makes her think is that how in the world did Jennie find out about it if she really did? It was like a dead secret buried six feet under. How did she know?

"W-what? Did find out..." She can't still find the right words to say.

"Mom, tell me the truth." Jennie said, sitting up on her bed to see how her mother would explain.

She saw how her mother turned pale, she had probably confirmed that what she was thinking was what Jennie wants to know. Maybe the time has finally come for her to tell her daughter the secret she had been keeping since the day Jennie was born.