Chapter 39

The two girls were chatting happily when they suddenly heard the door creaking open. Jennie who just calmed down when Lisa came suddenly got her fright back in an instant. She bit her lower lip and she was tapping her foot on the floor faster than before. Lisa knows that her girl does that when the latter is nervous so she slipped her hand to Jennie's to calm her down.

Jennie looked at Lisa while biting her lower lip. Lisa gave her a comforting smile.

"You can do it baby. I'm just here for you." She said and kissed the back of Jennie's hand. She then let go of it as soon as they heard the footstep of Jennie's mom coming towards them.

"Hey sweetie and oh Lisa, you're here too? I wasn't expecting your presence to be honest. I assume you both already made up." Jennie's mom as soon as she saw the two girls in the dining area.

"Yes auntie, we already had a talk earlier." Lisa said and smiled.

"That's great, you're eating dinner with us?"

"Yes auntie, I kind of missed Jennie's cooking. It's been awhile since I last came here anyway." She said and looked at Jennie who just looked away.

"Alright, I'll just change my clothes so we could start eating altogether. Or you can start eating already if you want." Mrs. Kim said and headed upstairs to her room which was just beside Jennie's.

As soon as her mom left, Jennie sighed heavily. It was like she was holding her breath in front of her mom.

'Fuck this anxiety.' She thought to herself.

"She looks like she's in a good mood. I don't want to ruin it. Gosh, do you think she'll disown me?" Jennie said anxiously while and bit her lower lip again that it almost bleed.

She can't explain how terrified she is right now. There are just tons of what ifs and how's that cloud up her mind. She can't help but to feel like this, it's a serious matter after all but Lisa being here with her makes everything a little easier for her. Lisa really makes her feel that she's not alone in this.

"Calm down baby, she's probably gonna be upset but I know she'll understand you in the end. It's not your fault anyway and you are her daughter. Mothers can't be angry at their children for a long time. Besides, if she disowns you today, I swear I'll take you away from here and we'll live together, mark my word baby." Lisa said to lighten up Jennie's mood.

"Thank you." Jennie said and intertwined her hand with Jennie's under the table.

"For what?" Lisa asked.

"For accepting my baby, for being here with me, for loving me, for everything." Jennie said sincerely.

"I already told you that I'd do anything for you, didn't I?" Lisa said and pinched Jennie's nose playfully.

"It's just that, I still can't believe that you're here with me after all the things that's been happening to me. I'm literally a mess but you chose to stay with me and I'm grateful for that." She said while rubbing the back of Lisa's hand with her thumb.

"That's because I love you and Nouvelle. Always remember that we're in this together."

A few moments later, Jennie's mom went back to the dining area and she was already wearing her comfy clothes. She smiled at the two girls and finally took her seat. Before they start eating, they prayed first and thank God for the blessings they had in the table. Afterwards, they already started eating. They all suddenly went silently. Lisa and Jennie kept on exchanging glances while Mrs. Kim just focused on eating without minding the two tensed girls.

Jennie can't even touch her foods. She's feeling so nervous that she almost want to throw up. She have to tell her mom already or else she'll pass out right there and then.