Chapter 58

Jennie locked their house before leaving to make sure no one breaks in. Then she started walking towards the grocery store. Actually, it wasn't far from their house, just a couple of steps and she'll be there. It's kind of a lowkey exercise for her too.

The weather is so nice, same goes for the atmosphere. However, she's been having a bad feeling and she don't even know why. She just decided to shrug it off. Maybe, she's just being paranoid again. She kept on walking until she got to the grocery store where she was welcomed warmly by the cashier. She also greeted the latter and proceeded on grabbing the things she need.

Not much actually because she have limited amount of money. She just picked some eggs, milk, flour, some veggies, bacon and of course her favorite milk ice cream. When she was done picking up the things or foods she need, she went to the counter to pay. The cashier started counting her items when she realized she forgot to get some ketchup.

"Wait a bit unnie, I'll just go get some ketchup. I forget to one." Jennie said to the cashier.

"Go ahead. There are only few costumers today anyway." The cashier said, shrugging her shoulder. Jennie bowed and started looking for some ketchup. While she was walking down the aisle, saw someone who was so familiar to her. She blinked her eyes couple of times just to make sure that she wasn't imagining things but no matter how many times she do it, he was still there.

"Kai!" She called him just to make sure it was really him but to her surprise, the guy looked at her and flinched like he was so surprised to see her there.

Kai then started to panic and started running away like a damn thief. Jennie knew that it was the opportunity to know the truth. She wouldn't let it slip away, so she carefully ran after the guy.

"Kai, wait! Please don't go! I just need to talk to you." She shouted but he wouldn't stop running towards the exit like wasn't supposed to be seen by Jennie. Well if that's the case, she made a mistake by coming into a grocery story which is just a few meters away for her house.

"Unnie! Don't let him out!" Jennie yelled asking for help from the cashier. The latter immediately ran towards the exit, locking and blocking it, making Kai get cornered by Jennie.

"Shit! I shouldn't have come here!" He exclaimed, looking so frustrated.

"Thanks unnie and forget about the ketchup just count those and I'll pay after talking to this guy." Jennie said to the cashier and the latter nodded. Then she went back to the counter and did what she was supposed to do.

Jennie on the other hand, shifted her attention back to Kai. She can't believe she's finally seeing this man. She haven't seen him for almost twenty-four weeks. She seriously don't know what to feel right now. Because of this guy, her mind is a mess and she still don't have any idea who slept with her that night. Now that she finally caught him, there's a chance that she'll find out what happened. That is of course if he cooperates and tell her about it.

"Jennie just let me be go. I have to go. I shouldn't be here at the first place." Kai said, almost pleading. Aside from that, he's looking so uneasy. What the hell is wrong with him anyway? Jennie shrugged it off for the meantime and she dragged Kai on one corner of the grocery store.

"I'll let you go. I won't do anything to you, okay? I just have to know the truth. I-I just want answer as to what happened that night on Jackson's party. Everything is just so hard to process and I don't remember anything from getting to that room. Please, Kai just tell me the truth." Jennie begged. Call her desperate but she feels like she's going crazy if she won't at least know what happened.

"Jennie, you don't understand." Kai said while pulling his hair in frustration.

"Just tell me please, for her." Jennie said and looked down on her belly.