Prologue

Reva looked into his Silver eyes. He was waiting for her as he told her. She was nervous not because she didn't want this to happen. But because in the circumstances this all is happening. She can never imagine that she will elope with someone this way far away from her country, far away from the place she had called home for a year and a half now. She never wanted to get married in these circumstances.

Somehow, she thinks she is forcing him into this union and he feels he is responsible for her condition. But it wasn't so, she consented and they made this little life growing inside of her together but he seems so afraid that he somehow will fail to become the father his child wants him to. She walked up to him and they took the vows together. And he placed the ring on her finger.

"Now I pronounce you husband and wife and you may kiss the bride" He pulled her closer to him and pulled her veil off. All she can look at was his eyes, they looked so afraid and so vulnerable. She wanted to assure him that all will be alright. But she herself wasn't sure how true her statement was. 

She herself wasn't sure if she can ever become something, he wanted her to. And then he placed his lips on her kissing her. Though he had done that many times still, this felt something different. Something new, and he liked that new.

Though the thought about tomorrow scared him a lot. The fact that he is going to be a father of the little thing growing in her made him more nervous than excited. He didn't tell her why he was afraid. There were many secrets that he kept, those he was ashamed of. But in his mind, he was dreaming of a perfect utopia for himself and her. 

He knew the perfect life he wished he has will never be possible and the fact that his whole family had once rejected him and his wishes to become a doctor, doesn't add up to the fact how much messy his life actually was. But this is something he can do.

He can begin a new life with her. With his newfound wife, Reva who had unknowingly became the light of his life. And she had sacrificed everything for his happiness. She had sacrificed her own happiness. She never asked for anything nor did complain at all.

 How can he just let her go? he needed a chance to show her that he was listening. He knows her better than she can ever know herself. "It is time for the first dance." They looked at each other and he took her hand leading her carefully to the dance floor.

And then the song came. And he carefully moved on the beats careful not to hurt her. She smiled at his attempts and in fact that he was the only man in her life and only one she has given enough power to destroy her. 

He did destroy her for good, for she can see no one but him around. She wanted no one but him, and it had destroyed her completely from within knowing she may never have him for herself but she didn't expect him to do this. She didn't expect him to get married to her just to prove a point.

But he was the heart specialist he had known her heart very well but she didn't. Not even after six months of being together, she knew even a little ounce of his heart. She only wishes she could understand all those unspoken words of him someday she might. Someday she might become a heart specialist just for him. He wiped her tears kissing her forehead.

"Not any more little birdie, I do not want you to cry anymore for me, ever again, I do not wish to see tears in those eyes." He whispered. And he meant that sentence with all his heart. He never wished for her to shed any tears. She had done that enough already.

That night they were surprised by their friends as they booked them a grand suite. It was all decorated in red. Reva was waiting for him to come. She was very much nervous, more nervous about tomorrow when they return back what will happen to them? They had married in secret and that is a huge secret to keep. She heard his footsteps and looked up into his eyes. 

"Forrest" She whispered and he placed a finger on her lips silencing her. "Tell me little birdie how many days have passed since I held you close?" He asked looking into her eyes. She looked down. "I know you are counting because I was a little birdie, one month fourteen days twenty-two hours thirty-nine minutes and whole lots of seconds. I do not wish to miss another counting."

Reva saw the desire in his eyes. And something else entirely, it was an emotion that shook her to her core. She can see love, for her. Something she had only imagined happens in fairy tales but no, it was real, very real.

 "Forrest, what will happen tomorrow?" She asked. "We will start a new life together little birdie and build a nest of love. Now we were bonded for a lifetime but I am thinking beyond, way beyond that." He slowly rubbed his nose against her and she giggled.

 It warmed his heart as he was not looking for anything less. And then he touched her flat tummy. And they both looked into each other's eyes somehow, she can understand all that he hasn't said yet. She can understand his wishes, his hopes, his dreams. 

The night was like a new dawn in their lives. One that brought them closer than they were ever before. And again, he wasn't expecting anything less than this to happen tonight. He knew what he had to do now and he will do everything in his power to protect the one he loves. 

Word Count: 1019 Words