2!

Reva finished her work on the file. And then looked at the time. It was late. But since she is working here for a week now, she can feel how quickly time passes by. It wasn't the same in her old workplace. But she did miss her colleagues. For a year she was there it had become like her second home. Now, Woodlands didn't seem so bad. Especially not if your own mentor seems to be the biggest prankster of them all. She didn't know Forrest to be this much of a funny person.

A few days ago, he had put mayo in her gloves. She did wear them unsuspectedly and then freaked touching them. He simply was waiting to have the laugh as always. But behind that laugh, she can see how he seems to be sad. She secretly wished she could help him but she didn't know how to. She put her things inside her bag and got up. Her phone rang. She picked it up. "Reva" She recognized the voice very well. 

"Yes, who is this?" She asked. The person laughed "It hasn't been that long since you ran away from home to fulfill your dreams. Runaway not letting anyone know anything, not letting me know anything. How it hurt me" She wanted to put the phone down.

"I am in no mood to talk with the person I do not recognize," I said. "Now you are breaking my heart." "Reva" She looked at the owner of the voice. Forrest was calling her. But he saw she was talking to someone on phone. His attention was solely on her. He never did saw the need of having to give his complete attention to anyone. 

But she, it was very different than everyone around him. Whenever he is near him, he cannot help but feel that he needs to give his all attention to her. Even when she is not demanding it consciously, the unconscious self is always there demanding to be seen.

"Miss Mathur." He called again. She looked at him. "Yes, Dr. Lyte, I am coming." Reva said and then turned to her phone again "Look I do not wish to discuss anything with you right now. Or ever again. Do not call this number and forget that I exist."

 "But how could I Reva, you had promised once you will return back here and you still didn't, I am waiting for you to fall back with me. But don't you make me wait too long." With that said he cut the call. Reva took a breath of relief when suddenly she felt a warm breath on her neck and it made her shiver.

She looked up and saw Forrest towering on her. "I have been calling you for a while now." He said not raising his voice. "I... I am sorry sir, it was just a call. I had to take it." She said looking down. "More important than responding to me Miss Mathur?" She looked into his eyes afraid. 

"No, sir... I mean not that you are not important, no you are important but then the call was important and you are calling me and then the person talking on the phone also was talking at the same time and I cannot just..." He pulled her closer by the waist.

"Shut up, you know your start to blabber when you are nervous Miss Mathur?" He asked. As her lips parted a little. She knew she was exposed and was in the middle of the corridor and he was holding her close, too close. She moved back or tried to. But his hold was like a steel grip. 

"Why little birdie is you afraid of me? I didn't do anything to harm you." He said. "No, you didn't sir, I am just..." "You are just? What is it? What do you want to tell me little birdie? Don't you hesitate" He was still looking into her eyes? Thinking about what was going on in her life.

For some reason, he cannot read her as easily as he can all the other people. Even he can read ever-complicated Mr. Woodland, but not Miss Mathur. As if she was made up of something different. She is normal but yet she is difficult to understand. She still was standing there dumbfounded looking at him. "It is late, do you need a ride home?" She shook her head in no. 

"Well, how are you going to go then?" He asked curious about what she has on her mind now. "I...I will take a cab" "Nonsense, it is late, and it is far where you live and if something does happen to you, You don't know what kind of bad thing happen to a good girl like you" She almost jumped at his voice. "I am not a good girl. I am a wild girl, don't you know..."