12!

Forrest was armed and ready. He knew he has to do everything in his power to make this successful. Christopher had told him how much important it is for Reva to be protected now when it seems she had been targeted on recent few attacks. And she shouldn't be left alone at any cost. He will just follow that advice.

He waited for her to come but even when the day passed, she didn't. It made him worried. Something within him wanted to run back to her. And he doesn't know how to prepare himself just for that. He doesn't know what was this feeling but he wanted to hold on to it. Hold on to Reva.

Reva someone who was occupying his mind for quite some time. And the more she wanted to distance herself from him, the more he wanted to run after her. More he wanted to pull her close. Then he asked himself again

Was it the right thing to do?

No, it wasn't but right now standing here in his empty cabin surrounded by his loneliness like he was for the last five years, he simply doesn't care at all. He doesn't care about the consequences of being with her. As he told her once, he is not going to leave her. Not for anything. And it is time he showed her the same. 

He needed to show her what she meant for him. Before he loses her. And he cannot lose her. He cannot lose Reva from his life. Without giving it a second thought he took his coat and then took the file lying around and walked towards the exit of hospital gates.

Reva looked at the letter, going through it again. "That should do it, I mean it will take them few months till the position in the hospital is vacant and Cambridge is not a bad place. Not to mention that I can actually be in the literature heaven. Maybe I can apply for my Ph.D. there again?" She said looking at the letter again. 

She decided to stay in today because she caught a cold and also because Forrest is angry at her. When she wouldn't show up and don't call it in, he would be angry, and that is what she wants him to be.

Better he feels angry than guilty for the things he didn't do. It is the right thing to do, she consoled herself. It will be alright, Reva told to no one. This way we can still be friends and if he did go and marry her in the future it will not break my heart again, because I would have been prepared better for it., she concluded.

But even with all the sound reasoning, she had given herself, the pain is still there. And that pain is going to stay. It is because Forrest Arthur Lyte was not just some silly high school crush, no he was her first love. 

She had fallen and she needed to distance herself before it all gets wrong, all spire out of control. The plane to the United Kingdom sounds great and tempting and with both her friends are out for the conference she might too tour the place she can call her future home.

And then it decided in a split second, she needed to leave this place, leave woodlands, leave states. After all, she wanted to help people and that is how she can help them, if her own heart is not in it, how can she? Perhaps even if she had lost her heart, her passion is with her, and with her passion she can push herself to do better.

Even without my prince charming, who had a sleeping beauty waiting for him, I don't fit into that equation, I am not a princess.

She hit the sent button just as the doorbell ring. She abandoned her laptop and walked towards the door. And then she wonders who could it be because as far as she knew it no one else would come and see her other than Forrest. And Forrest must be with his girlfriend now. So, who else could think about her? And then she took a peek and moved back a little in surprise.

"Forrest" She whispered "Why you are here? You are not supposed to be here" Then she heard his voice. "Little birdie, open up, I know you can see me, I know you are there. Open up the door if you don't want me to force my way in" He certainly cannot do that, can he?