11!

Reva woke up with a fresh set of nightmares in her own empty apartment. Her hand reached instinctively towards the phone to call the only person, she knew would listen. But then she stopped. She knew Forrest will be with his girlfriend.

 Last night she finally got time to see her. And she was beautiful just like Forrest described her to be. There wasn't any flaw in that perfect face of hers. Unlike hers.

She knew very well she cannot get any sleep. So, she thought about going on a little run. Now she was very careful enough how to act around Forrest. And she also tried not to make him feel like it was his fault. Thankfully for her, the research was too much to handle and they had gotten barely any time to interact with each other. 

Also, then there was a routine trip for Forrest to the bed she was in currently into his heart research institute. He brought her fresh flowers every day, spend hours talking to her. Ange, his girlfriend, whom he loves with all his heart.

Reva knew this. And she decided that it wasn't worth beating herself for. Because it cannot change just because she wants it to. But it will get better with time. She will learn how to live with it as everything she has till now. 

She will learn to live with this too. Somehow, she has to, or else it will devastate her. Her friendship with Forrest matters more to her than a measly feeling she has which was insignificant. It was very much insignificant to her. She put on her running shoes.

And then she put her earphones in place with music blasting through her ears. She started to run. It had been a while since she had done so. She had always been busy with her work or Forrest, or anyone other of those things. 

It was nice for a change that she now had some time for herself. Reva only wanted to make everyone around her happy and to become the best friend one can have. But she still cannot make herself forget those quiet moments that he shared with her. She cannot help but noticed how attentive he was to her all the time.

"oh Forrest, why you have to be this good towards me? I have a hard time letting you go. But nevertheless, I have to let you go, you are not mine. I have to accept that." She whispered looking at the couples in the park she was in currently laughing and smiling. Her phone rang and she picked up "Why are you giving yourself so much pain over him? Why don't you just come back? I promise I will forgive you" Reva laughed.

 "You cannot help it can you? You cannot help but spy on me, and you will forgive me? for what? Last time I check it wasn't my fault at all. Just don't bother calling me again, you are the same pig you were last time I saw you" And she cut the call.

Some people cannot take a hint that she doesn't want them in her life. No, they have to return back again and again to ruin her life. Her phone rang again as she retraced her steps back for the apartment she was in.

"Told you not to call me" She shouted angrily. "I didn't get the memo that my little birdie was angry at me" She was taken aback by his raspy morning voice and the fact that he called her, his wasn't helping either.

It is just an expression, her rational mind argued.

"I am not angry at you Forrest" "No? is that why you refused to come to my home this weekend? It had been so lonely. And boring and you know I do not do boring Miss Mathur," It automatically brought a smile on her face. She wasn't even trying. He just makes her so happy. That wasn't even a question about how and why in this, it just happens. 

"No, it is not, what can I do to make you happy Mr. Lyte?" She asked. "Why don't you turn around now?" She was surprised. And then something happened something she wasn't expecting. She felt herself get pushed into the road just as a truck was about to pass by the same road. She was too shocked to move or protect herself.